West African Forest Allies

Private forum for design team.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, nikgaukroger, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

West African Forest Allies

Post by rbodleyscott »

I have added this ally list, which is needed for the West African Forest list and also for the "Colonies and Conquest" Colonial Dutch list.

I have left in Benin, Benin/Mane, Sierra Leone and Sierra Leone/Akan states options.

Are any of these redundant?

Should there be any restrictions on which states can ally with which others? (I expect so)

Because the different states have different minima and maxima, I think it will be too confusing to deal with the allies as internal allies, so I have changed them to 1 external West African Forest ally contingent, which the special instruction that the allied contingent must be from a different state.

Only 1 because this already allows some main list maxima to be exceeded, but I think it is going to be too complicated to try and prevent this. In any case, if people choose to do this they do so at the cost of an impaired command structure. The special instruction prevents them from doing so to get extra Armoured foot by having a Benin ally in a Benin army. It doesn't prevent a Sierra Leone army with Akan States allies from having extra Musketeers.
youngr
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: West African Forest Allies

Post by youngr »

rbodleyscott wrote:I have added this ally list, which is needed for the West African Forest list and also for the "Colonies and Conquest" Colonial Dutch list.

I have left in Benin, Benin/Mane, Sierra Leone and Sierra Leone/Akan states options.

Are any of these redundant?

Should there be any restrictions on which states can ally with which others? (I expect so)

Because the different states have different minima and maxima, I think it will be too confusing to deal with the allies as internal allies, so I have changed them to 1 external West African Forest ally contingent, which the special instruction that the allied contingent must be from a different state.

Only 1 because this already allows some main list maxima to be exceeded, but I think it is going to be too complicated to try and prevent this. In any case, if people choose to do this they do so at the cost of an impaired command structure. The special instruction prevents them from doing so to get extra Armoured foot by having a Benin ally in a Benin army. It doesn't prevent a Sierra Leone army with Akan States allies from having extra Musketeers.
Richard

I think internal list allies should be restricted to:

An Akan State list should have the option for an Akan ally; a Sierra Leone State list should have the option for a Sierra Leone ally; a Gap of Benin State list should have the option for a Gap of Benin ally. I don’t think Benin should be an ally for any of the other West African Forest states mentioned in the blurb.

Regards

Richard
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

youngr wrote:I think internal list allies should be restricted to:

An Akan State list should have the option for an Akan ally; a Sierra Leone State list should have the option for a Sierra Leone ally; a Gap of Benin State list should have the option for a Gap of Benin ally. I don’t think Benin should be an ally for any of the other West African Forest states mentioned in the blurb.
Fair enough, thanks.

But should any of the states named in the list table be allies for any of the others?
youngr

Post by youngr »

rbodleyscott wrote:
youngr wrote:I think internal list allies should be restricted to:

Fair enough, thanks.

But should any of the states named in the list table be allies for any of the others?
No, I don't think so, from what I can recall. Don't have my references with me as I'm stuck out in the Med at the moment!

Richard
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

youngr wrote:No, I don't think so, from what I can recall. Don't have my references with me as I'm stuck out in the Med at the moment!
My heart bleeds. You are missing the snow.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Right, I have reverted to treating them as internal allies.

Special instruction as follows:

" West African Forest ally-commanders’ contingents must conform to the West African Forest allies list below, but the troops in the contingent are deducted from the minima and maxima in the main list. States named in the list table cannot have allies from a different state named in the list table."

This leaves some room for dispute over the permitted composition of a Sierra Leone or Akan States ally contingent in an "Others" army, but I cannot see any good reason why anyone would want to do that in a tournament army, so it probably isn't worth agonising over.

Return to “FoGR Lists”