Private forum for design team.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, nikgaukroger, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Tupi

Post by rbodleyscott »

Nik,

I have only just noticed that you have classified Tupi as Bow*, Impact Foot, Swordsmen rather than Bow*, Heavy Weapon.

I assume this is based on their charging "like bulls".

However, is there any reason why they cannot be classified as

Bow*, Impact Foot, Melee Heavy Weapon,

which would seem to represent the likely effect of their weaponry better, and makes them more different from North American Indians?

They will be paying for "Impact Foot" and "Heavy Weapon", so why not? It won't make any difference against most opponents, as most will be Unarmoured and/or Steady Protected Pike/Shot, and they do have the countervailing disadvantage (compared with the North Americans) of lack of any Superior BGs. Unlike in FOGAM, Impact Foot does them no good vs mounted, so they will be no better vs mounted than if they were Bow*, Heavy Weapon, Heavy Weapon. (The POA for Impact Foot vs mounted would, I guess, be the main reason why Impact Foot, Melee Heavy Weapon would be an excessively good classification in FOGAM).
nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Tupi

Post by nikgaukroger »

rbodleyscott wrote:Nik,

I have only just noticed that you have classified Tupi as Bow*, Impact Foot, Swordsmen rather than Bow*, Heavy Weapon.

I assume this is based on their charging "like bulls".

However, is there any reason why they cannot be classified as

Bow*, Impact Foot, Melee Heavy Weapon,

which would seem to represent the likely effect of their weaponry better, and makes them more different from North American Indians?

They will be paying for "Impact Foot" and "Heavy Weapon", so why not? It won't make any difference against most opponents, as most will be Unarmoured and/or Steady Protected Pike/Shot, and they do have the countervailing disadvantage (compared with the North Americans) of lack of any Superior BGs. Unlike in FOGAM, Impact Foot does them no good vs mounted, so they will be no better vs mounted than if they were Bow*, Heavy Weapon, Heavy Weapon. (The POA for Impact Foot vs mounted would, I guess, be the main reason why Impact Foot, Melee Heavy Weapon would be an excessively good classification in FOGAM).

Fine by me.
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk

Return to “FoGR Lists”