Representing a sneaky trick

Private forum for design team.

Moderators: nikgaukroger, rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

marshalney2000
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Representing a sneaky trick

Post by marshalney2000 »

I am looking for some inspiration as to how to represent an unusual tactic for the buccaneer army. At one battle Morgan gathered together a large group of civilians including a numerous nuns and priests and drove them forward in front of his men to shield them from Spanish gunners.
My own thought, which I am sure will drive RBS to distraction, is to allow Buccaneers a small group of mob poor which cannot move into close combat but if broken by fire counts as a bg loss to the enemy.
Suggestions awaited.
John
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

That sounds very much like a special rule.

I will sleep on it.
SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by SirGarnet »

Having the BG count a loss for the other side seems like a big deal, especially for competititions when it affects points totals. Trying to model the details of driven scenario involves too many considerations (there being no expendables rules).

A simpler and moderate approach would be a Mob that is not allowed to voluntarily enter combat with the enemy, does not count for attrition point purposes,and prompts no cohesion tests when lost. The other side would blow it away.

It seems to me awkward to handle and maybe better as a scenario idea detailed in the text than a special rule.
marshalney2000

Post by marshalney2000 »

You could weaken the impact by saying that the bg loss to the enemy only applies if facing a Christian opponent.
John
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Mike is right. The proposal goes beyond what we can reasonably include given the policy of not having special rules in the lists. Although we do, in fact, have a few, they are not this drastic.
marshalney2000

Post by marshalney2000 »

Ah well romance is dead.
I presume you would be willing to go with Mike's more moderate option otherwise I can see no way of representing this historical incident. By the way the Spanish did in fact mow them down with artillery fire so this backs this route nicely albeit not the moral dilemma.
John
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

marshalney2000 wrote:Ah well romance is dead.
I presume you would be willing to go with Mike's more moderate option otherwise I can see no way of representing this historical incident. By the way the Spanish did in fact mow them down with artillery fire so this backs this route nicely albeit not the moral dilemma.
John
Yep, go with Mike's solution.

Return to “FoGR Lists”