Couple of Question not covered in Manual

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

akmatov
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Couple of Question not covered in Manual

Post by akmatov »

Playing FOG v2.5 and I've looked in the Manual and the Help and not seeing answers.

* How can I slow down the messages that flash across the screen? Preferences has lots of slides from slow to fast, but none seem to apply.
* After Combat what does the P on the unit on the map mean? Guessing it means Pursuit, but not in the Manual. Also after routing a unit and the router getting a P, there is a mega hex with six hexes on all six sides in brownish orange. Can't move in it as MPs are used up in the attack, what does it mean or how does it benefit the router unit?
* One badly chewed up unit displayed an N on the unit, what is it?
* Surely the number of turns in a scenario is somewhere obvious and I'm missing it, but where? Or is it a surprise, though three games in a row of the same scenario ended on the same turn, I think.
* Scenario - Free Deployment, I can move my units around, but how do I get them to stick and stay there? Playing Athens in Marathon, I can move my one archer unit, but although I can move the heavy infantry, when I left click it doesn't stick.
* I have Show Shooting Arcs selected, but nothing shows; what am I doing wrong?
* Playing at 2560x1440 Full Screen, though it might be changing back to 1920x1080 as the game screens looks identical, the troop units are fuzzy. The art work looks find for such a small size, but fuzzy. Am I doing something wrong or is there a graphics mod available to sharpen things up or am we just stuck with fuzzy?

Any info you guys could share would be appreciated.
akmatov

Re: Couple of Question not covered in Manual

Post by akmatov »

Wow, 42 ppl have viewed this in the past week and apparently no one knows the answers, most of which should have been in the Manual. Darn, kinda impacts my ability to play the game to its full extent.
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Micha63 »

Please try the latest update. Maybe it soves some of your Problems. But the game has bugs which will not solved anymore because it seems the developer has abandoned the game. Please download Fog 1, ist free of bugs and works great.
akmatov

Post by akmatov »

Thank you for your suggestion. Literally, you are one in almost a hundred, 90 ppl have viewed my post without a reply.

By FOG I are you referring to v2.5, the Unified version, as that is what I'm trying to play.

I actually have purchased FOG II and have so far found the camera viewing most awkward, obviously I need to work on that. However, having invested in the full set of FOG I and being interested in more areas that the Ancient Period, I still like FOG I, was just hoping the experienced players here would share some of their knowledge. A hope that has been disappointed, to my surprise.
Micha63

Post by Micha63 »

When a game is getting old it lose most of its Players, only a small number of players plays it 10 years or longer. Thats normal.
The latest update for unity is here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 84&t=81403
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by AlexDetrojan »

akmatov wrote:Thank you for your suggestion. Literally, you are one in almost a hundred, 90 ppl have viewed my post without a reply.

By FOG I are you referring to v2.5, the Unified version, as that is what I'm trying to play.

I actually have purchased FOG II and have so far found the camera viewing most awkward, obviously I need to work on that. However, having invested in the full set of FOG I and being interested in more areas that the Ancient Period, I still like FOG I, was just hoping the experienced players here would share some of their knowledge. A hope that has been disappointed, to my surprise.
So akmotov the FOG 1 version to download is not the Unified/Unity one. Its the original, I think someone called it the Legacy version. That's the one to get.
Cant help you much with your other questions other than P does indeed mean pursuit.
The fuzziness you mention is in my experience only at the greatest zoomed in level.
Get the original FOG 1, it is truly a gem!

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”