Future of this game ?

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Freyr Oakenshield
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Future of this game ?

Post by Freyr Oakenshield »

Is FoG1 worth buying considering the fact that there is now FoG2? Is it still being developed? Also, is the game in the store Unity or non-Unity?
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwXNI5ii4_WIzfA1Yi0Hp-w
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/freyr_oakenshield
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Re: Future of this game ?

Post by fogman »

They are two different games. Fog 1 is simpler and play faster. Fog 2 is 3D and based on Pike and Shot. They sell you the Unity version but buying it allows you to download the RB version 1.8 which is the version we still play here. The Unity version has been abandoned by its developer. Beware that to get the most out of it, you will need to get all the DLCs which add up. A very elegant program that runs flawlessly and is highly addictive.
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Micha63 »

Freyr Oakenshield wrote:Is FoG1 worth buying considering the fact that there is now FoG2?
It depends on what you are looking for. If you prefer 2 D games without nervkilling animations it"s the rigth game.
If a modern graphic is important for you ist the wrong game.
Freyr Oakenshield

As for the DLCs offerred in the store - are they good for the RB version 1.8 or will they have to be converted?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Freyr Oakenshield wrote:As for the DLCs offerred in the store - are they good for the RB version 1.8 or will they have to be converted?
All you have to do, in both versions of FoG I, is to unlock the DLCs with the serial number we provide after you have purchased them.
Micha63

Post by Micha63 »

fogman wrote:The Unity version has been abandoned by its developer.
Hello Fogman, how did you now FOG-unity will not get updates anymore ? Was there a message from the developer ?
Freyr Oakenshield

Micha wrote:
Freyr Oakenshield wrote:Is FoG1 worth buying considering the fact that there is now FoG2?
It depends on what you are looking for. If you prefer 2 D games without nervkilling animations it"s the rigth game.

I'm not crazy about animations or 3D; however, what I'm afraid of is to invest in a game that will sink into oblivion, as there is FoGII around, and from what I've read here the development has stalled...
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

Micha wrote:
fogman wrote:The Unity version has been abandoned by its developer.
Hello Fogman, how did you now FOG-unity will not get updates anymore ? Was there a message from the developer ?
Educated guess. He hasn’t been heard from since early August. Everybody is playing the old version so what’s the point?
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

Freyr Oakenshield wrote:
I'm not crazy about animations or 3D; however, what I'm afraid of is to invest in a game that will sink into oblivion, as there is FoGII around, and from what I've read here the development has stalled...
The development has stalled on the unity version, which is not needed. We’re all playing the RB version here. There is nothing like FoG 1 out there. It has a long shelf life. Fog 2 isn’t the same.
Micha63

Post by Micha63 »

fogman wrote:

There is nothing like FoG 1 out there. It has a long shelf life. Fog 2 isn’t the same.
Thats exatly what i"m thinking.
Micha63

Post by Micha63 »

Freyr Oakenshield wrote:
Micha wrote:

Fog 1 is ready and needs no further devellopment. Be sure , me and maybe also others will take care to Keep it running on further Windows Versions.
I"m doing that for almost 10 years for the game " Peoples General" and Fog 1 is also worth it. Fog unity is not really necessary. FOG 1 gives us all we need.
KeathZerstorer
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by KeathZerstorer »

Is it possible somehow to use content from Wolves of the Sea in 1.8? There is not even an option to input its serial number.
Micha63

Post by Micha63 »

KeathZerstorer wrote:Is it possible somehow to use content from Wolves of the Sea in 1.8? There is not even an option to input its serial number.
I dont think so, ist only playable in FOG unity.
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Jaime46, no they are incompatible sadly.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”