The Need For A Working Unity Editor

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Sull51
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

The Need For A Working Unity Editor

Post by Sull51 »

Computer games come and go on my hard drive, but FOG-1 will live forever -maybe.

This is due to the editor which allowed users to create a huge number of add on scenarios which have extended the life and my enjoyment of the game. The unity version FOG-1does not have a working editor although a “sticky” that says the transfer to Unity editor would be easy.

Besides the transfer of existing add on scenarios the last two DLC’s do not work in existing FOG-1 editor and would open up new time periods for add on scenarios if an editor for Unity existed

Now many of you are now thinking why bother adding an editor to a new version of a 8 year old game when FOG-2 is about to be released with what appears to be a great editor. If Sliterine releases the DLC’s at the same rate as FOG-1 it could be 5 or 6 years (2023-2024) before they get to the later DLC’s (Middle Ages, Vikings)

As an old soldier ( a wargamer type soldier) both my hard drive and myself may be dead by then So it is imperative that a working editor be added to the Unity version of FOG-1-Please!
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: The Need For A Working Unity Editor

Post by Micha63 »

You can create scenarios in fog 1 and convert them to Unity, a good compromise for the waitingtime.
alzado_77
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by alzado_77 »

Late to the party - but I've just purchased FOG Unity for about $60 and found there is no Editor to work with - which was the main point of buying it! This needs to be advertised - i.e. that you are not buying a complete game. Will be looking for a refund!
Mord
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord »

alzado_77 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:14 am Late to the party - but I've just purchased FOG Unity for about $60 and found there is no Editor to work with - which was the main point of buying it! This needs to be advertised - i.e. that you are not buying a complete game. Will be looking for a refund!
See above posts.

Don't get rid of the game, there's a ton of play in it even if you don't use the Unity version. 1.81 is much better anyway. Better UI, better effects, better unit graphics (you can make plenty of battles with it). Just use Unity when you want to play a battle from Wolves From The Sea or Oath of Fealty. I get why you're mad but I don't even notice that I don't use the last two much. It's a fun game.

Mord.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”