Supporting the Original Field of Glory

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Supporting the Original Field of Glory

Post by IainMcNeil »

If you registered any serials they will be on the site. If you did not register serials and need them to install the new version contact support@slitherine.co.uk with order info and they'll try and look up your serials for you. Usually an email address or postal address is enough to locate an order but the more info the better.
vyshka
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by vyshka »

IainMcNeil wrote:If you registered any serials they will be on the site. If you did not register serials and need them to install the new version contact support@slitherine.co.uk with order info and they'll try and look up your serials for you. Usually an email address or postal address is enough to locate an order but the more info the better.
Thanks Iain, I'll give that a shot. For some reason of all the products I've bought between Slitherine and Matrix (going back to 2004 looking at email) I can't find my order emails for the FoG products and serial number file is lacking as well. I have all the downloads on my backup drive still, but not sure what I did with the rest. My recollection was the old store had download links and serial numbers available under the account, but I could be misremembering (getting older ;).
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

@Vyshka
I've registered your FoG serial numbers to your account. You should be able to seem them now.
Philotomy
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Philotomy »

VPaulus wrote:
NikiforosFokas wrote:
LT.exe is not downloading :cry:
I'm sorry, you have to be more clear. Can you please explain what's not downloading?
I'm experiencing a problem with this, too. When I go to the page for "Registered Downloads : Field of Glory - Legions Triumphant" and click on the EXE Download link for LegionsTriumphant-SetupRelease-v150.exe (1.04 mb), my browser (Chrome) says it's starting the download, but it doesn't actually begin, and eventually Chrome reports the download failed due to network timeout. There's nothing wrong with my network connection, though.

Oh, I just tried the FTP URL used in the link with wget, and I believe I see the problem. The FTP URL includes a username and a password to authenticate against your FTP server, but authentication is failing (i.e., wget tells me that the login in incorrect).
Last edited by Philotomy on Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philotomy
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Philotomy »

I have a separate question on the installers for ROR and SOA. I have valid serial numbers for both of those, but am having a problem installing them. (I successfully installed IFR, SAS, and ETE, though.)

When I run the setup EXE for ROR and SOA, I get to the point where it asks me for my serial number. When I enter it, it gives me an error saying "invalid serial number." However, I have no problem using the same serial numbers in FoG(U).

The complication is that I'm installing FoG(RB) on a Linux system running Wine. I'm not sure if the issue I'm experiencing is related to Wine, or to some other issue. I no longer have an actual Windows PC to test this on.

Has anyone else recently experienced the "invalid serial number" error when installing ROR and/or SOA on a PC running Windows (not using Wine)? I'd appreciate any feedback (including "yeah, it worked fine, for me").

EDIT/UPDATE
===========
I have the other expansions working, now. When running under Wine, I was running using FieldOfGlory.exe instead of FOG.exe. After I ran FOG.exe I was able to enter my serial numbers and get everything working.
NikiforosFokas
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by NikiforosFokas »

The only solution is to register the army pack serial via the fog daf game menu. Do not try to use the installer they do not work. Just ut the serial number there and it will be ok
For Byzantium!!
Philotomy
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Philotomy »

NikiforosFokas wrote:The only solution is to register the army pack serial via the fog daf game menu. Do not try to use the installer they do not work. Just ut the serial number there and it will be ok
Yes, I agree. That was what worked, for me. (What threw me off when using Wine was that running FieldOfGlory.exe didn't present me with the opportunity to enter the SN, but I later discovered that running FOG.exe did.)
Vargas78
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Vargas78 »

I'm unable to download Legions Triumphant original version, the download times out, or tells me to log in to matrix server, but my log in details don't do anything and it just asks for log in again. It's working on the Unity version though.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Vargas78 wrote:I'm unable to download Legions Triumphant original version, the download times out, or tells me to log in to matrix server, but my log in details don't do anything and it just asks for log in again. It's working on the Unity version though.
Does your game launcher have any of these buttons "Serials" or "Register Army pack Serial"?
Attachments
FoG-OldVersion_DLC.jpg
FoG-OldVersion_DLC.jpg (211.87 KiB) Viewed 9056 times
Vargas78
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Vargas78 »

No, i get the panel that is on the right hand side come up. But Register Army Pack Serial option is not there. I used to have the launcher which is the one on the left as well. Which i had called 'FOG Original' (as opposed to FOG New which is my Unity version install). But that FOG Original Launcher disappeared after installing some of the other army packs.

It's only really the Legions Triumphant pack that isn't downloading. The other army packs would download the installers, and then ask me to input the serials on the installation screens.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Then you need to uninstall the game (the original version) and reinstall using the 1.5.0 installer (field_of_glory_1.5.0.zip).
Next, download and install the update 1.8.1 (FieldofGlory-Update-Comp-v181.zip).
You'll be able then to unlock all your expansions, by clicking on the "Serials" button and inserting the expansion(s) serial number(s).
Vargas78
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Vargas78 »

Thanks for info will check it out.

(All up and running now!)
Rysyonok
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Rysyonok »

Can the link for Legions Triumphant be checked? I keep getting "network error" on that one, all the other FoG files downloaded in a snap.

Thanks!
Philotomy
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Philotomy »

I never did get that setup.exe to download, but you don't need it. Install 1.5, then update to 1.8.1. Version 1.8.1 has the available expansions (including LT) pre-loaded, you just need to enter your serial numbers to unlock them. You don't actually need to apply the expansion setup executables.
Geoffrey.P.Smith
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Geoffrey.P.Smith »

The original Field of Glory has always been a bit sluggish to load on my iMac, with pesky messages from monkey bread software slowing the PBEM process even more, but it was like going to warp speed after the long tabletop games with figurines, dice and the hardcover rulebook. I did get help for the install, but once the Unity version launcher was running from its' own desktop folder (no it just won't do launching from the apple launchpad), it went even faster... until the PBEM game stopped mysteriously at the end of a turn at won't let me play. Again, very helpful advice from support had me able to start the stalled game again with the same player which has somehow kicked the engine back in gear so PBEM is working (apart from two dead unresponsive game files). So really impressed with the potential of Unity to improve FoG, but very grateful the original is there to hold the line like the veteran triari in times of crisis!
SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by SirGarnet »

Gentlemen,

I bought everything available before the replay lockup bug took down all my online games. I don't even know which version of the game that is. I have missed playing and would like to know if that has been fixed whichever version. I look forward to FOG II, but also have a lot of time invested in FOG meanwhile and would like to know if it is playable online without the replay lockup. Thanks!

MikeK
old banshee
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by old banshee »

Hey guys just bought a new laptop and want to download the original FoG to it but the download page is timing out and I cant download. Any ideas?
Frank(old banshee)Mullins
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

old banshee wrote:Hey guys just bought a new laptop and want to download the original FoG to it but the download page is timing out and I cant download. Any ideas?
Frank(old banshee)Mullins
Contact us at support[at]slitherine .co.uk. and we will provide you with a download link.
old banshee
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by old banshee »

Tried signing into support and getting this.

ASP 500.100 Error
An error occurred processing the page you requested.
Please see the details below for more information.
COM Error Number
-2146827788 (0x800A01F4)
File Name
/members/Default.asp
Line Number
Brief Description
Variable is undefined: 'sameloginAuthLOCKED'
Script Name
/members/Default.asp
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

old banshee wrote:Tried signing into support and getting this.

ASP 500.100 Error
An error occurred processing the page you requested.
Please see the details below for more information.
COM Error Number
-2146827788 (0x800A01F4)
File Name
/members/Default.asp
Line Number
Brief Description
Variable is undefined: 'sameloginAuthLOCKED'
Script Name
/members/Default.asp
I think they meant send an email to support@slitherine.co.uk
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”