How reliable is the AI?

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Shapeshifter878
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: How reliable is the AI?

Post by Shapeshifter878 »

I did a test playing the Antioch scenario both in FoGU and FoG. The AI almost never used their bows as Seljuks(all units are mounted bow) in FoGU while in FoG it used ranged attacks a lot more before closing in on melee.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

There should be no surprise that the AI is worse in Unity as the developer indicated it would be on several threads!

It appears improved AI will be on the long list of improvements...but ist we need a version that gets us back the baseline.
Shapeshifter878

Post by Shapeshifter878 »

I've just downloaded the Unity version so I have not been following the development process. Also I read this post before trying the new version so maybe I had too high expectations: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 84&t=72883
The game has been completely remade using the Unity engine, allowing a greater than ever flexibility and sporting enhanced mechanics. This new release contains plenty of new scenarios and game settings both in Single and Multiplayer, a completely new and functional UI, a greatly improved AI, a new full game replay system, as well as countless fixes and improvements to the data files!

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”