Field of Glory Unity - General FAQ

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory Unity - General FAQ

Post by AlbertoC »

General FAQ

• If you already own Field of Glory, the upgrade to Field of Glory Unity is free and you will continue to enjoy all its expansions.

• If you already have a copy of Field of Glory and want to update to the latest version find out how here. It installs to a new folder so you can keep your old install too.

• Field of Glory Unit scenarios are in a slightly different format to the old version. If you have scenarios you want to convert to the new format for Field of Glory Unity find out how here.

• Field of Glory Unity uses a different PBEM server so games cannot be continued from the old Field of Glory. You must complete your games.

• Field of Glory Unity installs to a new folder so you can have both versions installed simultaneously.

• Field of Glory Unity does not yet contain an editor. This is progress and will be coming soon.

• Development and support for the old Field of Glory has ceased. Going forwards we are only able to support users who are in the Field of Glory Unity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preguntas Frecuentes

• Si ya tienes Field of Glory, la actualización a Field of Glory Unity es gratis y continuarás disfrutando de todas sus expansiones.

• Si ya tienes una copia de Field of Glory y deseas actualizar a la última versión infórmate aquí. Se instala en una nueva carpeta para que puedas mantener tu antigua instalación también.

• Los escenarios de Field of Glory poseen un formato ligeramente diferente a la versión antigua. Si tienes escenarios y deseas convertirlos al nuevo formato de Field of Glory Unity infórmate aquí.

• Field of Glory Unity utiliza un servidor PBEM diferente por lo que las partidas no se pueden continuar con el viejo Field of Glory. Por lo tanto debes terminar antes tus partidas.

• Field of Glory Unity se instala en una nueva carpeta para que pueda tener ambas versiones instaladas de forma simultánea.

• Field of Glory Unity aún no tiene editor. Está en progreso y lo verás muy pronto.

• El desarrollo del viejo Field of Glory ha terminado. En adelante solo daremos soporte a usuarios de Field of Glory Unity.
NikiforosFokas
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Field of Glory Unity - General FAQ

Post by NikiforosFokas »

PBEM Servers for the old FOG will continue to exist?
For Byzantium!!
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

NikiforosFokas wrote:PBEM Servers for the old FOG will continue to exist?
We have not shut it down, but it will not be supported. I'd suggest if you have ongoing games in old FoG, finish them there, and move on to FoG Unity!
Toby42
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Toby42 »

So how do I get rid of the old version? I tried to uninstall and it says to wait until a previous uninstall is finished! Maybe I should have uninstalled the older version before I installed the updated one?
Tony
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

If you want to remove it you can remove it manually by deleting the folder and removing it from the installed program list if the uninstall fails. Its a little messy but it works. You may have to manually remove the desktop shortcuts and start menu shortcuts too.
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

Is that the directory in the Matrix folder? I noticed that there is one also in program files/Slitherine/Field of Glory. I think that this is the new one?
Tony
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

For manually uninstalling the old game version, please do the following:

1. Download the file attached in this message FoG_ClRegKey_-x64.zip
2. Unzip the downloaded file and run the extracted file FoG_ClRegKey_-x64.reg
3. Allow this "program" to edit/delete the Windows registry keys regarding the old game version
4. Delete all Field of Glory install folders (for eg.: C:\Slitherine\Field of Glory, C:\Matrix Games\Field of Glory)

Please note that this is only for 64bit Windows versions.
Attachments
FoG_ClRegKey_-x64.zip
(416 Bytes) Downloaded 469 times
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

Thank you for the help. I'll do the fix!
Tony
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

Some extra information from the developer:

(see bellow)
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

[NFO] Field of Glory (Unity) Info/FAQ

Post by cothyso »

• the FoG(U) new features (WIP) list can be found in the [BLD] v2.5.02.1042 (GM2e)(mod) release build thread. A build notes list can also be found in there too.
• the new WFS and OOF (OFE/OFL) addons content lists can be found in the Field of Glory (Unity) pre-release announcement thread
• the FoG(U) build notes short list can be found in the [BLD] v2.5.02.1042 (GM2e)(mod) release build thread. A more detailed (outdated) list can be found in the [NFO] Version History thread
• the FoG(U) keyboard shortcuts (WIP) list can be found in the [NFO] Controls and/or [BLD] v2.5.02.1042 (GM2e)(mod) release build threads

• please visit the Tech Support sub-forum to read about known problems/solutions, report new problems, give feedback, ask questions or simply ask for help. You can also consider visiting the old betatest FoG(U) Beta / Bug Reports thread. Please read the [NFO] Bug reports, Feedback & Requests thread before posting.

• toggle the console: by pressing the ~ keyboard shortcut
• toggle the detailed combat info panel: by pressing the C keyboard shortcut
• slowing down gameplay's pace: set the Animation Speed slider to the far left of its bar (the furthest to the right, the slower the BGs movement animation speed), set the Post Static Action Wait Time and the Post Animated Action Wait Time to the far right of their bars (the furthest to the right, the longer the pause time needing to pass after a static/animated action before the next action will be triggered)
• slowing down replay's pace: set the Replay Animation Speed slider to the far left of its bar (the furthest to the right, the slower the BGs movement replay animation speed), set the Replay Post Static Action Wait Time and the Replay Post Animated Action Wait Time to the far right of their bars (the furthest to the right, the longer the pause time needing to pass after a static/animated replay action before the next action will be played)

• the FoG(RB) missing/not added (tiny) features (WIP) list:
- the terrain mouseover hex graphics
- the BG's mouse-over label
- the DAG Editor's currently selected DAG unit graphics

• planned for asap release fixes/features list (in the next builds):
- a terrain mouseover text info displayed in the mouseover battlegroup info panel (added)
- settings to toggle on/off "Replay" and "Game Ended" in-game visual indicators (added)
- settings to toggle on/off the common/detailed in-game GUI (added)
- fixed a problem with some uncommon legacy FoG(RB) scenarios side element format (modified)
- fixed a problem with some uncommon legacy FoG(RB) scenarios missing the year element (modified)
- fixed a problem with some uncommon legacy FoG(RB) scenarios missing unit element's nation attribute (modified)

- investigating and fixing a problem related with MP DAG games having more than 2 nations included (WIP)
- updating the Editor

• planned for future release new OS/platforms:
- Steam
- SteamOS
- iOS
- Android
Last edited by cothyso on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strategiusz
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Strategiusz »

I am going to buy some dlc if there will be a linux version (or SteamOS). How long it will take?
Blackcloud6
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Blackcloud6 »

I do not own any FOG products. I am thinking of buying the new FOG and all the DLC from matrix. Will the old DLC work with the new FOG?
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

Blackcloud6 wrote:I do not own any FOG products. I am thinking of buying the new FOG and all the DLC from matrix. Will the old DLC work with the new FOG?
If you buy now you get the new Unity version you can download the old version as well. All DLC you buy are for both version of the game except the two latest add ons (wolves and oath) because they only work in the new engine.
Blackcloud6

Post by Blackcloud6 »

Cablenexus wrote:
Blackcloud6 wrote:I do not own any FOG products. I am thinking of buying the new FOG and all the DLC from matrix. Will the old DLC work with the new FOG?
If you buy now you get the new Unity version you can download the old version as well. All DLC you buy are for both version of the game except the two latest add ons (wolves and oath) because they only work in the new engine.
Thanks
Lysimachos
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Lysimachos »

I'd like to update to the Unity version of the gam but I'm not able to do it.
After registering the game I went to the registered download section of the Matrix site and pressed the button "Downloads" correspondent to the "Field of Glory" game but then I was taken to another section where there are five possible downloads.
Which of the following files do I have to use:
"Original Field of Glory PC Installer v. 1.5.0"
"Field of Glory PC Installer v. 2.5.02"
"Original Field of Glory patch v 1.8.1"?

Thank's for the help!
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

Lysimachos wrote:I'd like to update to the Unity version of the gam but I'm not able to do it.
After registering the game I went to the registered download section of the Matrix site and pressed the button "Downloads" correspondent to the "Field of Glory" game but then I was taken to another section where there are five possible downloads.
Which of the following files do I have to use:
"Original Field of Glory PC Installer v. 1.5.0"
"Field of Glory PC Installer v. 2.5.02"
"Original Field of Glory patch v 1.8.1"?

Thank's for the help!
Original Field of Glory PC Installer v. 1.5.0 is the original version. Original Field of Glory patch v 1.8.1 is a patch for the original version.
Field of Glory PC Installer v. 2.5.02 is the new FOG Unity (seperate install so you can choose to have both installed at the same time).
dmh0667FU
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by dmh0667FU »

I purchased and registered FoG and all the older DLCs under a old e-mail/member account. When I try to register the Serial#s for the Unity version, it says they're already used. Is there some way to get these Serial#s "released" so I can re-register them?
Attachments
Screenshot of Serial# file locations
Screenshot of Serial# file locations
Serial#s.gif (198.95 KiB) Viewed 17416 times
Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

Thank's Cablenexus!
Now it's all clear.
I'll opt for having the possibility of maintaining also the older version :D