FOG Wiki - Players Guide

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

NikiforosFokas
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: FOG Wiki - Players Guide

Post by NikiforosFokas »

hidde wrote:Had a closer look and you're right. But the 20 pages that are there seem to contain quite some good information for beginners.
Yes you are absolutly right. But still why not to have a complete faq, even in the form of a big thread in the forum. As begginer my self i would appreciate something like that. Thanks to Mike i learn some important things which otherwise i would not. But still i would like to see a thread that the old good players give tips and advices. For example a big issue is how you choose an DAG army. Quality or quantity? Which units to choose and why. It would be really valuable.
ps: For me, who enjoy read about a game even more than play it, i was waiting a big collection of AAR's. For example it would be super intersting to see an AAR from any multiplayer game among two pro's. This is an fantastic way to learn the mechanics of the game.
For Byzantium!!
hidde
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by hidde »

You can find AARs here: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=96. Unfortunatly all pics are missing from the ones I've made. Without them they are rather useless.
Long time ago when Imageshack started to cost money I switched to Photobucket. Forgot that the pics I had on Imageshack would not display.
If I'll get some spare time I'll maybe try and see if I can transfer them...for some reason I can't find them on my computer :(
NikiforosFokas

Post by NikiforosFokas »

hidde wrote:You can find AARs here: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=96. Unfortunatly all pics are missing from the ones I've made. Without them they are rather useless.
Long time ago when Imageshack started to cost money I switched to Photobucket. Forgot that the pics I had on Imageshack would not display.
If I'll get some spare time I'll maybe try and see if I can transfer them...for some reason I can't find them on my computer :(
Hope there were images too :)
I have a question which i think it suits in that topic. When a bg charge we count his POA from on basis of Impact combat. Ok! But what about the defender. Does it count its POA according to Impact or to melle combat rules. For example if a bg of offensive spearmen charge another of. spearmen bg does the battle have 1-1 POA (both on impact, the one from the Pikemen or offensive spearmen if charginf foot or non-shock mounted... and the other from Any offensive spearmen or defensive spearmen or pikemen if not charging) or it is 1-2 (so the second bg takes the melee POA (1 from being above 75% and the other from above 50%)? While i think i have seen the second case exist (but maybe it is because the bg may be arleady in a melle combat with another bg), i am not sure because also i have noticed that when you charge on a bg of impact foot they get a POA (sorry dont remember it's name and can not find it in the Faq).
For Byzantium!!
Jonathan4290
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Jonathan4290 »

NikiforosFokas wrote:
hidde wrote:You can find AARs here: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=96. Unfortunatly all pics are missing from the ones I've made. Without them they are rather useless.
Hope there were images too :)
I have a question which i think it suits in that topic. When a bg charge we count his POA from on basis of Impact combat. Ok! But what about the defender. Does it count its POA according to Impact or to melle combat rules. For example if a bg of offensive spearmen charge another of. spearmen bg does the battle have 1-1 POA (both on impact, the one from the Pikemen or offensive spearmen if charginf foot or non-shock mounted... and the other from Any offensive spearmen or defensive spearmen or pikemen if not charging) or it is 1-2 (so the second bg takes the melee POA (1 from being above 75% and the other from above 50%)? While i think i have seen the second case exist (but maybe it is because the bg may be arleady in a melle combat with another bg), i am not sure because also i have noticed that when you charge on a bg of impact foot they get a POA (sorry dont remember it's name and can not find it in the Faq).
The defender also counts POA according to impact if it is being charged. Attacking and defending units will BOTH use EITHER melee POAs or impact POAs.

If an offensive spearmen unit charges another offensive spearmen unit, the POA is 1-1 (POA of 0 both ways). Melee POAs only apply in melee combat. If two units are locked together in melee combat and another unit charges one of those units, it would still be an impact combat between the charging unit and the defending unit.

Impact foot POAs are more complicated. If impact foot are defending, they get a +1 PO. If they are attacking, they get a +2 POA against other foot, but only +1 POA against mounted units, and 0 POA against mounted shock units.
Check out my website, The Art of Battle: Animated Battle Maps, where I recreate the greatest battles and campaigns of history: http://www.theartofbattle.com
NikiforosFokas

Post by NikiforosFokas »

Thanks for the informations Jonathan :)
For Byzantium!!
imitation_legionary
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by imitation_legionary »

Love to read it but it says "subscription expired". What gives?
kilroy1
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by kilroy1 »

akmatov
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by akmatov »

davouthojo wrote:Unfortunately, Wikipages started charging.

Archived versionhttp://web.archive.org/web/201204070941 ... mbat+works

Material has been all sent to Dan, will be resurrected after the new version comes out.
New version, Unity I assume, has been out for a couple of years, any chance of the new version?

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”