What else are people playing?

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Nuffink.

But I am looking forward to the new version of Shogun:Total War.
CheerfullyInsane
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by CheerfullyInsane »

jimcrowley wrote: But that will change dramatically when the following finally arrive:

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy
Panzer Command: Ostfront
Keep me in mind when you're looking for opponents for either two, will ya? :D

Not only did Battlefront do a great Beta AAR, now Matrix is teasing the life out of me with these Beta screenies......
Life isn't fair.... :evil:
hidde wrote:When the new Civil War game from Western Civilization Software is released it can be a contender for my time as well.
That the one based on the tac-engine from Forge of Freedom?
I've got two words for ya: Math is hard.
hidde
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by hidde »

hidde wrote:When the new Civil War game from Western Civilization Software is released it can be a contender for my time as well.
That the one based on the tac-engine from Forge of Freedom?
That's it.
Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio »

I'm just about to start playing Rift. The beta completed earlier today and I just bought the game which goes live on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it immensely! 8)
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Morbio wrote:I'm just about to start playing Rift. The beta completed earlier today and I just bought the game which goes live on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it immensely! 8)
What is it about? :?
Morbio

Post by Morbio »

Rift is a MMORPG. It is very similar to World of Warcraft, but has some nice differences to make it sufficiently different to make it entertaining. Google Rift (or Riftgame) if you want to know more, there are some great cinematics and screenshots 8)

I played WoW for a few years and before that I played EQ2 for about 4 months and before that I played EQ (Everquest) for four or five years.

Since giving up WoW I've been clean for about 18 months, but someone gave me a free taster a few weeks ago :twisted:
mceochaidh
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by mceochaidh »

Claymore,

Does the Rome Total War EB mod improve the tactical engine, in terms of being more historically accurate?

Mac
Chock
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Chock »

Supposedly yes. To quote their features list:

'New custom formations designed by the Europa Barbarorum team which give the AI greater flexibility and incentive to perform realistic battlefield maneuvers.'

Which sounds like it would alter the tactics.

Looks like quite an extensive mod, which appears to be rooted in going for more realism, although to be fair to Creative Assembly, I think some of the things in Rome TW which are regarded as unrealistic are actually fairly realistic given the different sensibilities of the time, for example, the EB mod says that one of the things it addresses is: 'No more fantasy bonuses, such as equipment upgrades from Temples of Vulcan'. To be honest, soldiers in that time may very well have believed the effects of such things blessed in temples, and the placebo effect of such blessings might have made them very real in actual combat. It's well known that the Roman army was well supported by people who were part of the Mithra Cult for example, especially on the campaigns in Europe.

In any case, I can't say I've tried it out personally, but looks like it's an interesting effort. Hopefully it won't be as glitchy as some of the other Rome TW mods, which might be ambitious, but for all the ambition seem to overlook the basic necessity for stability.

Al
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

I've found Rome Total Realism more on my taste than Europa Barbarorum. You should try both, or wait for a couple of years or so for the next Total War: Rome 2 :)
Gersen
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Gersen »

cothyso wrote:I've found Rome Total Realism more on my taste than Europa Barbarorum. You should try both, or wait for a couple of years or so for the next Total War: Rome 2 :)
wakes up and commences google searching... didn't know hat was coming.
mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

I looked at the FAQs for Europa Barbarum. Does it have stability issues or crashes frequently? I use Win7. Is Rome: Total Realism better or worse in this regard? My interest is primarily in the tactical engine and whether or not historical accuracy is improved in either version. For example, pike units don't wheel properly in Rome: Total War, but just seem to strike off in a direction. I was wondering iff issues like this have been addressed.
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

Gersen wrote:
cothyso wrote:I've found Rome Total Realism more on my taste than Europa Barbarorum. You should try both, or wait for a couple of years or so for the next Total War: Rome 2 :)
wakes up and commences google searching... didn't know hat was coming.
No there isn't - I think you mean Total War: Shogun 2... goes back to sleep.
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

Rome Total Realism is a mod for Rome Total War, doesn't have anything to do with Total War: Shogun 2. Search youtube for video's from it.

RTR is a complete mod, and much more stable than EB
Gersen

Post by Gersen »

cothyso wrote:Rome Total Realism is a mod for Rome Total War, doesn't have anything to do with Total War: Shogun 2. Search youtube for video's from it.

RTR is a complete mod, and much more stable than EB
Penny drops - thanks.
JMass
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by JMass »

I am playing: FoG, TOAW III, WitE, PC: Ostfront. Installed but sleeping: AGW, RGW, Advanced Tactics, Decisive Campaigns: TBfWtP, Kharkov, SPWW2, SPMBT, SPWaW, Great Invasions.
My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1
Roma Victrix!
Morbio

Post by Morbio »

JMass wrote:I am playing: FoG, TOAW III, WitE, PC: Ostfront. Installed but sleeping: AGW, RGW, Advanced Tactics, Decisive Campaigns: TBfWtP, Kharkov, SPWW2, SPMBT, SPWaW, Great Invasions.
IWIUTA :?

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”