Constant 'Auto' Reboot

Tech support for HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval

Moderator: Slitherine Core

JTBurnett
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Constant 'Auto' Reboot

Post by JTBurnett »

I have a problem that might be hardware related, such as an inadequate PSU, but I have a question anyway.

My system is a Dell XPS8000, Win7, 64 bit. 8 Gigs System Ram. Nvidia GTX650Ti 1 Gig GPU, Directx 11.

I used to have an Nvidia GTO240, and GBM ran fine. Now it ups & reboots the computer all the time. Yet other games from other companies do too- hence the PSU suspicion. I can watch MP4 videos, run around the Web, watch Flash-based stuff all day, but try & run a game? Reboot, or varied BSD's- so many different reported supposed issues, that I question the validity.

Finally the question: I installed the 1.02 patch, yet when I look in 'Programs', I see both 1.01, AND 1.02 are installed. Is this right?

Thank you
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Constant 'Auto' Reboot

Post by pipfromslitherine »

It sounds like what would happen if the GPU overheats. You could try grabbing one of the GPU monitoring tools from the internet to keep track of the temperature. I would also recommend opening up the case and making sure you aren't all dusty inside as this prevents proper cooling.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
JTBurnett

Post by JTBurnett »

Agreed, 2-day old card, but agreed, This was the question however. :) Finally the question: I installed the 1.02 patch, yet when I look in 'Programs', I see both 1.01, AND 1.02 are installed. Is this right?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you mean when you look in the directory, or when you look in the Programs control panel?

Cheers

Pip
JTBurnett

Post by JTBurnett »

C:\Users\ Control Panel\Programs\Uninstall. Ver 1.01 installed, and Ver 1.02 installed.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's probably just an installer foible, it shouldn't affect the installed version of the game.

Cheers

Pip

Return to “HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval : Tech Support”