Tech support for HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval

Moderator: Slitherine Core

ddurgan
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Android - Cannot download content

Post by ddurgan »

Hi,
In real need of help. I have an Android Asus Transformer running Android 3.1. I just purchased Great Battles today through the Android Market, I believe version 1.1 of Great Battles is installed. When I go to run the game it advises me to download 300MB+ of additional data. I click Next and the game then proceeds to try to download the content.

This is where the problems start. I then get a message saying that "Could not download data! Please make sure you have an active internet connection". Well of course I do otherwise I could not have installed the game from the market. Plus web browsing and all other web games work fine. I have tried to download the content at home and off the work network, and both dont work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, still does not work. I have cleared the data for the app, still does not work.

I have 8GB of space free in the onboard storage and 2GB free on the memory card.

Help please, I am stuck now. :(
ddurgan

More testing done

Post by ddurgan »

Done a bit more testing.

Looks like it is trying to download 40 files. It gets the first one of around 14MB and then crashes out. By clearing the data and reinstalling it gives the same results.

Could the source data on the server be corrupted or not available?
davidowen

Post by davidowen »

I have exactly the same problem with the same device.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

it appear there was an issue on NVidais server. We have contacted them and they say it is resolved. It shodul be working now. Many apologies for the inconveneince.

Regards

The Slitherine Team
ddurgan

Working!

Post by ddurgan »

All working now, thanks. Just hope the game is good now. :-)
rehrigs

Post by rehrigs »

I just downloaded this game from the market. I can't download the initial game content. The app is installed, but the game content download fails after 5%. I got it to download 14% once, but then it failed. I have a new Motorola Xoom with gigs of space and I'm able to connect to other websites.

Please help.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The servers are all run by NVidia so are very robust but I guess at times get overloaded :( All I can suggest is try again later really. Sorry we cant help more.

Return to “HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval : Tech Support”