hispania game

PC/iPad/Android : Turn based Empire building in the Roman World. Now on iPad and Android!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

robjw
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

hispania game

Post by robjw »

I am pretty new to the game. I have successfully played the Unification of Italy and Conquest of Britain scenarios ( albeit at Easy level ) however try as I may I can't get anywhere with the Hispania scenario. Has anyone got any tips or game-winning strategies ?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: hispania game

Post by IainMcNeil »

Which nation are you playing? They all have strengths and weaknesses and there is some basic advice when selecting your country.
robjw

Post by robjw »

Sorry I should have said - I played Rome. I think those hard-to-beat spanish mercenaries are my real problem ! I got the Kelteberes to be my allies as recommended and attacked north ( the ilturges ?). But couldn't beat their Mercenary armies. I then played a second game but attacking the small countries to the south instead. I conquered 2 cities but while I was tied up down there I was attacked by the Ilturges whose damned mercenaries took a city of mine !
jaguar36
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by jaguar36 »

as Roman, you will need some legions or equites to measure up to the Spanish mercenaries. In the forests, a good number of auxiliary archers shooting from behind a line of infantry should also have a chance, but only if you have enough troops. I try not to engage a superior force 'blind' - I usually attack with a single unit of 'cheap' troops, like velites, which I sacrifice in order to assess the strength of a city before I attack it with my main force.
robjw

Post by robjw »

Thanks for the advice. The tip about sending in some of the cheap guys first works a treat.

Return to “Legion & Legion Gold”