Hidden heuristics? Bldg evolution map? Selling?

PC/iPad/Android : Turn based Empire building in the Roman World. Now on iPad and Android!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

leci
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Hidden heuristics? Bldg evolution map? Selling?

Post by leci »

I have read the posts, read the manual and still find the city growth totally confusing.

I build stuff based on available resources, build some growth/productivity buildings, build a town hall (when available) and let the population grow. But, even very early on, although buildings can be built, I have the resources, the buildings remain greyed out ie not available. Am I missing something? Is there some hidden heuristics that apply some limitation?

Or do certain buildings, population mass, units etc, restrict buildings on a unseen evolutionary pathway? In other words IF you build x THEN you cannot do this, ELSE build y and.......etc?

As an aside, how do you sell a building? Pressing the 'sell' icon and tapping on a saleable building seems to achieve nothing?

Cheers
My directory of Battle Academy Playable Mods & Scenarios at viewtopic.php?f=87&t=43167

Gilles
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hidden heuristics? Bldg evolution map? Selling?

Post by pipfromslitherine »

I can't answer the city questions, but wrt selling, you should see a large red cross appear over a building. The building is then sold when the turn ends IIRC.

Cheers

Pip
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The only reason a building is grayed out is if you cant build it. Remember you can only build one at a time so if you build anything all other buildings are grayed out till it is completed.
mt123
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by mt123 »

I am experiencing these issues on iPad iOS.

There is no red cross appearing in the city management.
Also there is no documentation on the requirements for buildings.

What can (can not) be built together, or when. I really like this game but these are frustrating. For example, I had a city with a Quartermasters building. It was captured. I captured it back, the Quartermasters building has been destroyed and I have no clue what needs to be done to build another. The Barracks don't even appear as greyed out. The City Hall is there. Is this a bug?

The ability to build large units is critical to enjoying this game. Please help.
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello MT123,

The red cross will only appear when you are selling a structure. Please click the sell button, then click on the building you want to sell and a red cross should appear. then when you end the turn the structure will be sold.

Regarding the Quartermaster, I'm not 100% certain about the Quartermaster requirements, but I think the Barracks need to have a City Hall and a military building such as a fletcher, stables etc. You may also need a fort before you can build the barracks. Then the barracks is needed before you can get a quartermaster, and you are likely to need an additional military building as well.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Remember each building takes up one slot so you have a limited number. If you post a screenshot we might be able to help. Buildings dont appear unless you have the ability to build them (unlocked) and are only disabled if you cant afford them or are already building something else.

Return to “Legion & Legion Gold”