Slitherine’s Legion goes mobile and 50% off!

PC/iPad/Android : Turn based Empire building in the Roman World. Now on iPad and Android!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Philkian
Slitherine
Slitherine

Slitherine’s Legion goes mobile and 50% off!

Post by Philkian »

Slitherine is proud to announce the release of the awaited iPad version of one of its historical hits, Slitherine’s Legion! To celebrate the game is half price for the first 2 weeks, just $4.99/£2.99/€3.99!

EDIT - we have also slashed the price of the PC version by 50%!

Slitherine’s Legion is a deep turn based strategy game set in ancient Rome where players build their fledgling nation into a mighty empire through conquest and diplomacy. Every map, unit and feature from the original game is included so players will have the complete experience.
Slitherine has successfully developed a system to allow PC games to be converted to iPad without losing the feel of the original PC game adapting also the UI to the touch generation devices improving the overall experience.

Slitherine’s Legion is sure to attract iPad wargamers looking to dip their feet into the expanding world of mobile wargaming and provide the stepping stone to the world of wargaming itself.
Slitherine’s Legion features more than 100 nations of the Roman Empire era, in 7 campaigns, that can be opponents or allies to the player. A detailed economy has players managing their cities, allocating their workers, controlling production, building fortresses and training armies in their pursuit of victory. Players will also be treated to a game full of historical accuracy, with units, weapons, maps, and scenarios modeled to accurately represent this period of ancient history and warfare. You can also watch massive battles fought out when too armies meet. With three different levels of difficulty, Slitherine’s Legion will challenge all wargamers.

Slitherine’s Legion is the first game in the Classic series from Slitherine, which aims to bring classic PC games to a new generation of wargamers on tablets.

To download the game go to the iTunes page.

For more information on Slitherine’s Legion for iPad, visit the official product page.

promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: 50% off! for way less than 50% of us

Post by promytius1 »

BIG DEAL; do you even have any idea of how many of your customers HAVE i-thingies?
I do not, never will; I have my PC on my desk and the phone is next to it, and if I want to know where my phone is I can always just trace the cord from the wall.
This is not a "thank you" it is an elitist, exclusive, limited, and insulting "thanks" as far as I'm concerned.
A dumb game for a stupid device that only a few people have is no prize - and don't tell me millions is a lot, there's 14 billion hands in the world
" 55 million iPad units that Apple shipped around the world" what's 55 divided by 7,000?
.oo78 - that's how much of your customer base you just made a "SPECIAL" offer to.

I'm not impressed.As a paying customer on a goddam land line I'm NOT impressed.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Slitherine’s Legion goes mobile and 50% off!

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi Promytius

I'm sorry you are not interested in the game. We know not all games appeal to all people but you'd be surprised how many of our fans are on iPad's, and as we release more iPad games we're getting an increasing fan base.

Legion on iPad, is a full conversion of our first PC game which is what made us who we are and we are very proud of it. I'm sorry if this kind of game does not appeal to you but the 4 games on the engine (Legion, Chariots of War, Spartan and gates of Tory) we're all we made in our first 5 years as Slitherine.

Which game is it you are interested in from our line up?
promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by promytius1 »

No i-PAD here! That's the point!
It's not an interest in the game, it's the dumb idea to "reward" ALL users with an offer that MOST can't use!
I don't have an iPad, the offer is a" No Thanks" to me.
It's a screwed up way to say thanks -
"I want to thank all of you so much! So anyone with size 7 1/2 shoes, get a 50% discount!" It's about that appealing.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Its a good idea - we should make the PC version 50% off too. I'll do it right now so everyone has the chance to join in!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

OK done - now the PC version is 50% off too!
promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by promytius1 »

:D I'm...speechless! OK I'll go get one!
THANKS!!!
:o :D
promytius1
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Up and Running!

Post by promytius1 »

Well, thank you! DL'd Installed, and I won the tutorial! :D
As a long-time Total War player, this version of Legion combat is, well, cute; but I was pleasantly surprised by it's easy play, clear graphics, nice GUI, lots of choices; I'll be playing this one a lot I think, as it plays so easy, it's super-fast, and attractively packaged. Well done!
See if you treat us PC folks right, we respond in kind!
:)
coppernob
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by coppernob »

Thanks Guys, Just downloaded it.
Dankind
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Dankind »

Now that's customer service! Well done Slitherine. I'm actually one of those iPad guys...psyched about your attention to that platform as well.
scarfacetarraff
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by scarfacetarraff »

Dankind wrote:Now that's customer service! Well done Slitherine. I'm actually one of those iPad guys...psyched about your attention to that platform as well.
Keep these classics coming to the iPad. :wink:

Would love for you guys to repackage them for OSX as well. None of them work on the Mac anymore. :(
"Hasta la victoria siempre!"
Legion (Mac/iPad), Spartan (Mac), GoT (Mac), Legion Arena (Mac), CEaW (Mac/DS), CNaW (Mac), HGE: Rome (DS), Egypt: EaE (iPad), FoG (Mac), Battle Academy (Mac/iPad), Unity of Command (Mac), CTGW (iPad)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks for all your support guys. The response on Legion has been amazing!

We're #1 in the UK and 9 other countries board game charts, #2 in US, and top 10 almost everywhere. #3 in Strategy games and #23 in all games. For a turn based strategy game this is pretty awesome!
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

So when will there be an Android version? (Not an iPad person)

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Unfortunately we have no plans for Android. We are making Android games but they are all based around Unity and this is an old code base from before Unity.
Uberskooper
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: 50% off! for way less than 50% of us

Post by Uberskooper »

promytius1 wrote:BIG DEAL; do you even have any idea of how many of your customers HAVE i-thingies?
I do not, never will; I have my PC on my desk and the phone is next to it, and if I want to know where my phone is I can always just trace the cord from the wall.
This is not a "thank you" it is an elitist, exclusive, limited, and insulting "thanks" as far as I'm concerned.
A dumb game for a stupid device that only a few people have is no prize - and don't tell me millions is a lot, there's 14 billion hands in the world
" 55 million iPad units that Apple shipped around the world" what's 55 divided by 7,000?
.oo78 - that's how much of your customer base you just made a "SPECIAL" offer to.

I'm not impressed.As a paying customer on a goddam land line I'm NOT impressed.
There is an incredible amount of indignant rage your series of posts. I understand preferring one gaming platform over another. I even sort of understand (but am largely unsympathetic towards) PC vs. Mac arguments, or that tablets are somehow for "the elitist" while a gaming PC (which can cost 1.5 to 2 times as much) is the working man's gaming platform. What I don't understand is how someone can be so vehemently opposed to something that doesn't really affect them. Slitherine releasing an old game on a tablet should not be met by frothing anger when one does not own said tablet. What's wrong with Slitherine expanding its market? It's a pretty robust area. In fact, Battle Academy sold 5 times as many copies on the iPad than it has on PC. You can still enjoy the game on your preferred medium. In fact you could do so for years before it came to the tablet.

As for myself, I have been largely unaware of Slitherine or it's games until the release of Battle Academy and Legion for the iPad. I used to own a gaming PC, but have since found myself having less time for games to justify the expense. I have a Windows based laptop for my work and an iPad for games and storing the loads of things I have to read. I really enjoy turn based strategy games and I believe that the iPad is a pretty good platform for them. The PC has certain advantages in controls, but clever interface design can make for excellent strategy on both tablets and PCs. I have really enjoyed Legion since it came out and I'm looking forward to seeing more from Slitherine.
Uberskooper

Re: Up and Running!

Post by Uberskooper »

promytius1 wrote:Well, thank you! DL'd Installed, and I won the tutorial! :D
As a long-time Total War player, this version of Legion combat is, well, cute; but I was pleasantly surprised by it's easy play, clear graphics, nice GUI, lots of choices; I'll be playing this one a lot I think, as it plays so easy, it's super-fast, and attractively packaged. Well done!
See if you treat us PC folks right, we respond in kind!
:)
I think that deploying your formations first and giving them orders is a pretty interesting spin on things. I have loved the Total War series for a long time (before they started sending all their work to their Australian branch and got buggy/crappy), but I never understood how formations would know what they are supposed to do instantly when the general is so far away. I do wish that there were more options for orders. Sometimes I want my cavalry to ride all the way around the flank and attack the enemy in the rear while everyone is fighting in the middle of the field.
lydianed
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by lydianed »

Been playing this pretty much all the time since downloading it last week. Awe-frickin-some. Can't remember the last time I got so much reward from three quid. Have subjugated Italy, Gaul and just yesterday Hispania, this time on HARD as the other settings are perhaps a little too forgiving.

You guys are wonderful and lovely and have made me very very happy. Just one question. Under what circumstances is it ever a good idea to build Celtic Fanatics over any other Med/Heavy infantry? Put some bloody armour on you fools. You'll die a bit less.

Britannia tomorrow.
scarfacetarraff

Re: Up and Running!

Post by scarfacetarraff »

Uberskooper wrote: I do wish that there were more options for orders. Sometimes I want my cavalry to ride all the way around the flank and attack the enemy in the rear while everyone is fighting in the middle of the field.
Spartan and GoT offer commands once your Mary is in the field.
"Hasta la victoria siempre!"
Legion (Mac/iPad), Spartan (Mac), GoT (Mac), Legion Arena (Mac), CEaW (Mac/DS), CNaW (Mac), HGE: Rome (DS), Egypt: EaE (iPad), FoG (Mac), Battle Academy (Mac/iPad), Unity of Command (Mac), CTGW (iPad)
GogTheMild
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by GogTheMild »

Philkian wrote:EDIT - we have also slashed the price of the PC version by 50%!
I would be grateful for a link as it is shown as full price in the shop. I pressed on anyway, but it stayed at full price until time to press the BUY button, so I cancelled.
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

GogTheMild wrote:
Philkian wrote:EDIT - we have also slashed the price of the PC version by 50%!
I would be grateful for a link as it is shown as full price in the shop. I pressed on anyway, but it stayed at full price until time to press the BUY button, so I cancelled.
When I go to:

http://www.slitherine.com/games/legion_gold

it shows correctly at the reduced price for me.

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Legion & Legion Gold”