AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris »

Actually , after this turn ,Since Red army is closing to Warsaw & there will be a whole summer & autumn to march to Berlin & Rome . I thought It would be an easy victory by the end of 1943 . But I forgot this is a pbem with Supermax who does usually make miracles ! The following story is the most creative & impressive & bloody & fatal campaign I have ever experienced ! ........ :shock: :shock: :)
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Apr 13th 1943

more progress in Poland , it seems the war is coming to the last stage , Nothing gonna stop us to march in Berlin.......

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

May 3rd 1943 fair

Everything going well in Eastern Europe , Red army will make break through in Poland & the central elite group will grind in Hungary & Germany & will probably march on Berlin's street within 3 months !

Meanwgile , in Med Axis has just gived up everything , US B17 arrive in Malta & fly to East front to help their allies to bomb Berlin & Humburg into pieces .....

But the coming fact will show how childish I was......... :(

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Is there any one can guess what disaster will happen next turn for Allies ? :)
amulius
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by amulius »

An amphibious operation on USA?
:lol:
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

amulius wrote:An amphibious operation on USA?
:lol:
Supermax is creative & well experienced & aggressive but not crazy :D

A HINT : the Anwser is in Europe ......
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

The most likely disaster would have been if the Red Army got a big portion of their army cut off, but I can't see any Axis units capable of encircling the Red Army.

German subs annihilating the Allied units sent to liberate England / invading France? I see a big blob of transports in the Atlantic at the moment. That can easily happen if the Allies focus on air and ground units. Since the Royal Navy was decimated in Sealion I expect the Allied navy to be quite weak. If Max had built 8-10 uboats then these can really mess up the transports being sent.
duncanr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by duncanr »

I think the CORP's in the rear makes an encirclement a lot easier, can it reach the FTR?

a Para and some good offensive could certainly provide an encirclement of the advancing russians
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Stauffenberg wrote:The most likely disaster would have been if the Red Army got a big portion of their army cut off, but I can't see any Axis units capable of encircling the Red Army.
You are master ! But I really did not recogonize any possibility of it at that time ........
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

duncanr wrote:I think the CORP's in the rear makes an encirclement a lot easier, can it reach the FTR?

a Para and some good offensive could certainly provide an encirclement of the advancing russians

It seems you have much better instinct than mine ! with para ......
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

May 23rd 1943 fair

I was shocked when I open the file ! The elite Red army group were cut off supply ! I never thought it would happen & also did not know how did Max achive this ! It is really Supermax's style ! The Situation of east front became dangerous & complicate immediately ! We can not afford lose this group ! we must reset their supply , otherwise the east front will collapse & USSR need at least half year to rebuild the elites group ! Time is limited for allies !

Meanwhile Allies close to the coast of France ! Stalin does need a new front to release the pressure in the east !

In Med , the USAF STR fly to east front to help Stalin to solve the crisis & more STR arrive Malta , they will all go to the east fronts . Since Axis rail the units back to Italy , It need more time to kick Italy out ......

duncanr

Post by duncanr »

the next turn isn't going to be pleasant for the Russians!
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

duncanr wrote:the next turn isn't going to be pleasant for the Russians!
I just thought that :without strong air support , Axis won't accomplish this ! but ........ :(
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

June 12th 1943 fair

The central group was cut off again !!! :shock: The panzer even arrive our air base ? ! Also attack from Romania direction ! Germans achive this only by one step stuka's support ! How tough the Axis units are !! This time the problem came wrose ! It is not difficult to reset the supply of the central group & we encircled three Axis units . But it seems the supply link is not stable . This campaign becoming the fatal point of this pbem ! I just pray Max will get bad rolls ! very bad rolls !! :x

Meanwhile , we use French partisan conquer a French port ( it seems empty in France since no one guard the port & even no one guard the relative area ), Allies transport arrive the coast , we just hope the partisan will hold the port until next turn !!!

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

July 2nd 1943 fair

CUT OFF AGAIN !! Since the central group 's effectiveness is down & it become more difficult to reset the supply ! we have good luck on a para jump but bad luck to reset the supply :( The other dangerous situation also happened east from Brest fortress ! The Romanian made a terrible breakthrough & even arrive the US STR 's base ! USSR sell all labs & transfer all units including Gars to the front ! Stalin ordered them to fight to the last blood & any retreat is forbidden ! I did hope the para would hold for at least two turn ..... Maybe it will be useful to resecue the poor central group !

It seems axis have no power to deal with the Allies landing troops in France . We will concentrate all aviliable allies troops to this area & liberate Paris if possible . Also we send transport to Sisily & Italy mainland so that to give USSR more help !

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

July 22nd 1943 fair

The 3rd CUT OFF !!! Although the central group have lvl one supply & we try our best to conquer Krakow to rebuild the supply , the situaton around east front turned worse ! The Romanian lead troop even conquer Minsk !!! & US STR air bases are destroyed ! The most dangerous point is that No troops left east from Minsk ! We have to adjust our deployment & try to cut off the Romanian's supply if they move out from Minsk !

During the last three turns , dozens of troops gone ! Not only Russian but also Germans ! So bloody ! :(

In France , Allies move forward to Paris direction . our French partisan set up an area for Allies tacs transfer from Malta to France front !

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Aug 12th 1943 fair

CUT OFF again !! The forth encircle ! There are another three encircle happened in this turn ! The Romanian run out of Minsk to attack our air base !

Anyway , we fight back & reset the supply , but according to the experience from last three turns , They will be cut off again with no doubt ! :( It seems they will be finished like Group 6 in Stalingrad in 1943 . But we will throw everything into this duel !

meanwhile the Allies is closing to Paris !

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Aug 31st 1943 fair

CUT OFF forever ! Finally it seems hopeless to rescure the central group ! They are dying just like the 6th group in Stalingrad ! :( But in return Germans also paid dozens of units for this victory . It makes Allies easily conquer France & set up the real second front which usually need an overlord ! Maybe next turn we will liberate Paris !

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Sept -----Oct 1943 fair

East fronts comes to slience , central red army group destroyed ! Red Army's reinforcement is preparing winter offense .

Allies liberate Paris in Sept & conquer Brussel this turn .

Since many troops transport back to France ,English partisan begin to conquer cites in conquered Britain .....

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

October 30th 1943 mud

a quiet mud turn . just repair & upgrade .

meanwhile our allies transports arrive the unguard Italian coast(Med weather area). It seems all Italians , Romanians , Hungarians in France ,UK ,Italy are sent to east front !

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”