AAR: Supermax VS Vokt (No Vokt pls) Version 4.0

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

supermax
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: AAR: Supermax VS Vokt (No Vokt pls) Version 4.0

Post by supermax »

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

how about the casualties after France surrender ?
dagtwo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by dagtwo »

Thanks for the AAR, Supermax. It's wetting the appetite for the eventual release next year.
Hex grids Rule!
supermax

Post by supermax »

supermax

Post by supermax »

dagtwo wrote:Thanks for the AAR, Supermax. It's wetting the appetite for the eventual release next year.

My pleasure my friend
supermax

Post by supermax »

Morris wrote:how about the casualties after France surrender ?

Very light. No unit lost, didnt loose many air steps, and infantry /land maybee lost 15 steps total. Or maybee 20.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Do you know that the Italian Navy will never be able to enter into Altlantic unless you get Giberoto ? Even if you get Suez canal ,Red sea , & Irac , Italian navy still can't get into Altlantic !
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

supermax wrote:
Morris wrote:how about the casualties after France surrender ?

Very light. No unit lost, didnt loose many air steps, and infantry /land maybee lost 15 steps total. Or maybee 20.

It is really a great good news to Axis . I can seldom achive this unless with AI :D
supermax

Post by supermax »

Morris wrote:Do you know that the Italian Navy will never be able to enter into Altlantic unless you get Giberoto ? Even if you get Suez canal ,Red sea , & Irac , Italian navy still can't get into Altlantic !
i know... just watch me.
supermax

Post by supermax »

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

The main differences on the east front are:
* Several map changes regarding terrain, rivers and cities. So please double check
* Some cities are now fortified cities (Soviet hero cities). Only Sevastopol is a true fortress.
* The Stalin line fortifications from the Pripet marshes and southwards will slow down the German progress. However, these fall quickly
if they are attacked while the Soviet morale is down.
* Soviet reinforcements are split with some Siberian units. 1 mech, 1 armor, 2 corps, 1 fighter, 1 tactical bomber, 1 leader and a little later in the force pool 4 shock armies. Russia have have a max of 5 shock armies. This happens automatically when you build new corps units after they first shock armies arrive.
* Separation of mech and motorised units and addition of mountain and cavalry units. Probably not that important for the east front since the terrain is pretty flat. However, if you want to invade into the Caucasus you might want mountain units.
* Lakes will freeze in winter and severe winter weather and can be moved into. Units at a lake when it thaws will be out of supply and lose steps quickly. So better get it ashore asap.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

I think if Victory watches carefully , He should be able to know how big is your fleet & do the preparation .
supermax

Post by supermax »

Morris wrote:I think if Victory watches carefully , He should be able to know how big is your fleet & do the preparation .
Yes i know. This path however is a lot faster than lying in wait for an ambush. We'll see how it goes, should be fun!
supermax

Post by supermax »

Stauffenberg wrote:The main differences on the east front are:
* Several map changes regarding terrain, rivers and cities. So please double check
* Some cities are now fortified cities (Soviet hero cities). Only Sevastopol is a true fortress.
* The Stalin line fortifications from the Pripet marshes and southwards will slow down the German progress. However, these fall quickly
if they are attacked while the Soviet morale is down.
* Soviet reinforcements are split with some Siberian units. 1 mech, 1 armor, 2 corps, 1 fighter, 1 tactical bomber, 1 leader and a little later in the force pool 4 shock armies. Russia have have a max of 5 shock armies. This happens automatically when you build new corps units after they first shock armies arrive.
* Separation of mech and motorised units and addition of mountain and cavalry units. Probably not that important for the east front since the terrain is pretty flat. However, if you want to invade into the Caucasus you might want mountain units.
* Lakes will freeze in winter and severe winter weather and can be moved into. Units at a lake when it thaws will be out of supply and lose steps quickly. So better get it ashore asap.

Definitly a different beast with the new OBB. Congrats its a lot more difficult for the germans.
supermax

Post by supermax »

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Strange that Vokt didn't build Russian reinforcements and placed then around Vinnitsa. You need several corps units there to fill the gap between the Stalin line and Kiev. Otherwise the city will fall early.

Even in this situation I think you might struggle a bit taking Kiev by the end of June. At least if Vokt places some new units ahead of Kiev.
supermax

Post by supermax »

Stauffenberg wrote:Strange that Vokt didn't build Russian reinforcements and placed then around Vinnitsa. You need several corps units there to fill the gap between the Stalin line and Kiev. Otherwise the city will fall early.

Even in this situation I think you might struggle a bit taking Kiev by the end of June. At least if Vokt places some new units ahead of Kiev.

Yes you might be right in this. We will just have to see when i get there. Anyway, the way the OBB and otherrules work now, 1941 Barbarossa is not as important as it used to be, i dont think its possible to knock the russians out of the war in the first year like it used to be. I cannot foresee getting to Stalingrad or the Caucasus like it used to happen. Quite cool as well, this is much more historic going for the germans.

Also the fact that HQ dont need to be produced gives the germans a better options to spend on more exotic units like naval BB, CV and the likes. Makes the allies to have a more historical approach by producing ships and having a real battle of the Atlantic.
supermax

Post by supermax »

supermax

Post by supermax »

Carlos_Danger
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Carlos_Danger »

I have never seen the Russian Mech from the Pripyat marshes get out alive! Looks like the Russian Mech might get out alive this game. I guess standing and fighting at the Stalin Line is worth something, a little bit at least.

As the Russians, my natural instinct is to run! But the Russian units at the Stalin line are probably dead no matter what they do; if they run they'll just get caught out in the open by German Mech forces and get killed anyway. Well except, I think the Russian Mech at the Stalin Line could get away probably.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”