Order of Battle: World War II is out!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order of Battle: World War II is out!

Post by AlbertoC »

You fought on the shores of the Pacific Ocean in Order of Battle: Pacific, but now the war is global!

Order of Battle: World War II, formerly known as Order of Battle: Pacific, is a bigger project with a wider scope and the goal of featuring multiple fronts of World War II, and it is OUT NOW!

It is available to everyone for free: it contains the initial bootcamp missions plus the first scenario of every DLC Campaign, and they are completely free. Players will be able to try the game, play several scenarios and decide if they’d like to get the DLC Campaign.

The original campaigns of Order of Battle: Pacific are now split into two different DLCs:

· The Order of Battle: U.S. Pacific DLC, featuring the American campaign.

· The Order of Battle: Rising Sun DLC, featuring the Japanese campaign.

Important: if you already own Order of Battle: Pacific you will be given these two DLCs, Rising Sun and U.S. Pacific, and retain any other DLC you already own!

Stay tuned for more news in the future: the expansion Winter War is in development, and there are plans for more amazing content…
mhladnik
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Order of Battle: World War II is out!

Post by mhladnik »

Awesome! Best wishes for the future.
hempy
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by hempy »

Good to know about this, I want to know if I own original OoB:Pacific, do I need to delete my game and reinstall the new version? Can I still use my save file? Thanks!
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

The patch installer will handle the conversion itself (if all goes well). No need to do any uninstalling.
hempy

Post by hempy »

Thanks for your reply. Where can I find and download the patch installer?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

hempy

Post by hempy »

That's very helpful, thanks a lot!
friendlysnail
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by friendlysnail »

The independent Pina River Flotilla, Caspian Sea Flotilla, and Amur River Flotilla have been added to the Soviet Fleet for 22 June 1941.
Thanks to Marek Suplat.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

hempy wrote:Good to know about this, I want to know if I own original OoB:Pacific, do I need to delete my game and reinstall the new version? Can I still use my save file? Thanks!
Say you are crazy like me and that you wanted to start fresh by uninstalling OOB-Pacific, including all the DLC already paid for, and just install 2.4.8 itself. Will that work?

I actually tried this but I saw no way to enter the various game keys. Am I stuck with keeping the original v158 release (Pacific), the 225 update (Morning Sun), the 238 update (US Marines), and now this 248 update (WWII conversion), entering keys at each point (except for the last of course)?
- Bru
bru888

Post by bru888 »

bru888 wrote:
hempy wrote:Good to know about this, I want to know if I own original OoB:Pacific, do I need to delete my game and reinstall the new version? Can I still use my save file? Thanks!
Say you are crazy like me and that you wanted to start fresh by uninstalling OOB-Pacific, including all the DLC already paid for, and just install 2.4.8 itself. Will that work?

I actually tried this but I saw no way to enter the various game keys. Am I stuck with keeping the original v158 release (Pacific), the 225 update (Morning Sun), the 238 update (US Marines), and now this 248 update (WWII conversion), entering keys at each point (except for the last of course)?
Well, pending an answer, I can attest that the "just patch the game, stupid" approach will work! Meaning, following the 158>225>238>248 route. All four campaign "eyes" now open and bright! (They were open but grey when I just installed 248 by itself.)

Say, let's get that fifth "eye" (Finland) open soon, shall we?
000283.jpg
000283.jpg (240.83 KiB) Viewed 25086 times
- Bru
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

If you uninstall the base game you'll need to get hold of the installers for DLC's to configure them again. You're original serial from OOB Pacific will work with both DLC installers but you wont have any way to download them so you'll need to contact support. You really don't need to do this though - its been designed so you don't have to!
bru888

Post by bru888 »

IainMcNeil wrote:If you uninstall the base game you'll need to get hold of the installers for DLC's to configure them again. You're original serial from OOB Pacific will work with both DLC installers but you wont have any way to download them so you'll need to contact support. You really don't need to do this though - its been designed so you don't have to!
Thanks. I was definitely overthinking things. Better, if one already has the DLC installed, to just treat 248 as a patch, "following the 158>225>238>248 route." When I did so, from scratch, I found that I was able to skip the 240 patch, however.
- Bru
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Fine and that doing the DLC on the theme of the Winter war is fine ) But when there will be DLC on the theme of the Battle of Lake Khasan and Battles of Khalkhin Gol !?
https://topwar.ru/21990-samurayskaya-mo ... n-gol.html

And when at the end of the optimize the game , and that video card is very tense !
Last edited by uzbek2012 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

bru888 wrote: Thanks. I was definitely overthinking things. Better, if one already has the DLC installed, to just treat 248 as a patch, "following the 158>225>238>248 route." When I did so, from scratch, I found that I was able to skip the 240 patch, however.
You should only need the game file installer (1.58) and then the last one (2.48).
KeinGeneral

Post by KeinGeneral »

Good morning, I have a little problem. After installing OOB - World War II 2 folders exist. While in the one all installation files are present, the license keys are in another folder. Does this mean that I have to live with 2 folders always or one may be deleted?
Attachments
OoB.jpg
OoB.jpg (76.69 KiB) Viewed 22264 times
If you find mistakes may keep them or send to Google, the Google there are errors
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

HI KeinGeneral,

Firstly, I would try renaming the "pacific" folder to something like "_Order of Battle - Pacific" and then trying to run the game. If it's all working properly, then you're likely fine to delete that old folder.

If you find that some campaigns aren't available if you do this, then I would try copying the license text files from the Pacific folder into the WWII folder and retrying.

You shouldn't need to keep the Pacific folder.

Thanks!

Shards
DJ88
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DJ88 »

Mac version is extremely unstable and screen literally shakes. It prompted me for Serial # and accepted it but still runs terrible. Might try the PC version instead.
Disappointing the Mac version is so buggy and now is rendered unusable altogether. Any patches yet for a fix?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We don't have any other people reporting the issue so not sure why its causing that for you. It works fine on our Mac's we tested on so there is nothing we can see to fix unfortunately so unless we can work out why your machine is different there isn't much we can do.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

Sorry I can''t understand Russian, but there are Armored trains in the Blitzkrieg DLC.

Return to “News & Announcements”