Morris vs BattleVonWar

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Morris vs BattleVonWar

Post by BattlevonWar »

1942, December, first severe winter in the East:

Germany halts it's advance into the Urals. Germany continues it's advance into The Caucasus, cutting off the neck via Real Estate near Astrakahn. Russian Northern sector is dead(likely due to the fact there is nothing there but Russians and trees. Everywhere else is Gray.

Torch was performed without much success initially due to U-boat Intervention, but fortunately Tunis did fall and nearly all of Tunisia and Vichy French Morocco has Charles De Gualle liberating his country one hex at a time. 1 Vichy French BB left port we know of, another died in port due to US saboteurs.

Syria is activated and with the large German/Axis Minor force in the region, it could be possible that the MiddleEast oil could fall to the Germans, as well as it's riches and perhaps this may convince Turkey to join the War. This could be a Disaster for the Allies.

The Battle of the Atlantic is on, mostly we lose but nearly a 100 steps have been knocked off the German Navy so far. No major engagements as both sides tech up and stare at each other. Perhaps each choosing their field of battle. This is the only place where the Allies have not be completely steamrolled but this may be the place in which the Axis will succeed. There could be a dozen German tech 10 U-boats. Those guys are very very formidable...The Italian Navy's Power is unknown... 1942 ends and 1943 begins, how many forces will the Axis have. Usually by this point if not humbled they can be grossly oversized and impossible to uproot. Will the Urals be stormed?

Russian counterattacks kill off a few steps and a few units, but they are just a skeleton of their former force. Meanwhile the Axis have 50-60 mixed Corp/Mech/Tank units. Largest Armies in the world...to the point of quality loss I'm sure?

Screenies coming of all the action, I hope to survive till 1944, wonder if this guy will Land on London? :)
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Some assorted screenshots, The Russians did manage to grind through another Severe Winter! Whether Fortress Urals can last the long May to October season remains to be seen. The Allies are finally wrestling away the Oceans from the Axis, but it's not going to be easy to find an entrance in '43 into Europe. Morris has pulled down the hatch on his Mark V Panzer and is loading his 88 tube and ready to blast pretty much anything I put on that Continent. We'll see how '43 turns out!

Caucasus snapshot, most casualties here for the Axis I think, 3 or 4. Russians really tried to hold but severe Winter doesn't protect us

Germans hold an oilfield outside of the Urals, and we try to retake it but fail inflicting some heavy casualties... Now we wait to endure the storm

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Russian troops fight and Red Wings fight but get scorched in the air vs superior Luftwaffe units and face a firm line of Germans that won't bust. So we will not liberate the Motherland, no matter what. Weather does not matter at this tech level so much..just a tiny tiny bit

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Germans starting to pay but I imagine with their Industrial Tech and plenty of Axis Minors absorbing casualties we will never get them below 75% threshold in 1943!

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Feb 1943:

Axis sit poised to storm the Caucasus/Ural Mountains. We liberate Vichy Africa and Syria...Allies send their first transport over to land in Normandy...
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Unstoppable Morris took The Clear Season 1943 Season to clear out the Russians and to force the end of the Bear. Despite a few losses I am pretty certain the position the Axis are in are unstoppable... D-Day in the West but a little late due to a very very strong Kriegsmarine and powerful U-boat war. I would say that the U-boat war in great part decided this game. I don't think 1 Russian Convoy has gotten through...let's see if the Axis can ice the Allies?
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

With Russia's Surrender, there is really nothing top secret left here. Allies set sail right as the Urals fell, accidentally put a tac on there but won't matter too too much. Both Sicily, Sardinia and France...were all covered pretty well. I'm sure this well before Russia fell.

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

This was earlier

Cybvep
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Cybvep »

Can't remember the last time I saw the Russian surrender. I don't think that there is that much you can do now against Morris. He is one of the best players here, I hope that you learned a lot from this game.
duncanr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by duncanr »

Cybvep wrote:Can't remember the last time I saw the Russian surrender. I don't think that there is that much you can do now against Morris. He is one of the best players here, I hope that you learned a lot from this game.
sadly your landings will be slaughtered :(

43 landings only work if the Axis is stretched in Russia, so you will unfortunately get run over by much bettter Tech and experience levels
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

I gave Morris a chance to take London at his urging and my own desire to see how he might perform it. It was pretty massive in '44 terms for the Axis, I think nearly 20 air units involved and most my Navy and Land Forces were displaced or destroyed in a last strong effort

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”