max vs battle(Allies)

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

max vs battle(Allies)

Post by BattlevonWar »

I decided to take on a player who can eclipse me due to the built in advantage for 3.0GS toward the Allied cause. Since I am approaching near 15 games, I have learned a little but on the all I am definitely at some disadvantage here unless I can get both lucky and innovative at the same time.

1939:

Germany Takes out Poland and there is no real value taken in vengeance. Step loss for Axis 20 or less, so that is probably on the invisible scale of cost.

After this quick action, an unexpectedly bold action is taken, Denmark/Norway '39... I saw my spot to shine so I annexed Belgium to the Allied Cause. (I will keep that invisible for now but obviously no stopping Axis in Norway with clear weather and air power and no RN intervention)

Last edited by BattlevonWar on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: max vs battle(Allies)

Post by BattlevonWar »

1939 to 1940:

I decided seeing Luftwaffe presence in Norway that A Dyle was a definite option for me. I would not have attempted this with the possibility of clear weather and tanks/tacs/fighters and plus high powered German Corps. Unfortunately mud did not set in nor did Winter soon enough so my Dyle turned out to backfire a tiny bit.

Last edited by BattlevonWar on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

which Max ? Supermax ?
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

The One and Only...

1940: Pictures coming soon, battles in Africa. He's pushed the French and British aside so far without much losses.

P.S. This may be a Berlin besieged 1945 match
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Axis survive with 2 steps left on a tank! That guy runs and hides from counterattack..(leader would have been a nice prize, but ultimately that attempt will hasten my demise) my air was too deployed forward to be used though in this task and had to rebase further in. German Para destroyed. 3 or 4 Allied units get sent to the meatgrinder per turn. The RN and Kriegsmarine in full battle Royale over The Rights to French NorthWest Africa.
Last edited by BattlevonWar on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

:evil: Sea Lion Sea Lion Sea Lion :shock:
Last edited by BattlevonWar on Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

As Spring begins to end we reflect on the battles we have fought over the passing 6 months of the onset of the War. Things are getting hairy on all fronts for me. The Royal Navy/French Navy both have taken damage and a very dear loss. Meanwhile the displaced British Forces fighting in France have left the doors open for a Sea Lion...probably historically the only possible time it could have been performed when the Brits were completely ill prepared!

We shall see if this is a Ruse( do not think so but I am guessing it may be or if not it could be costly for either side ... my last Sea Lion ended for the opponent in a definite loss )

Great Battle of the Moroccan Coast

Resolution to that conflict, our Bomber Pilots tried to defend the Port City but failed and thus giving the Germans Toehold on the Continent.

With Sea Lion Italy Joins up and it frees up much more British Resources to attack and ravage the Axis with : ) Belgium is liberated for the Axis and now German troops are poised down upon Paris
Last edited by BattlevonWar on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

The French cannot fight back any further, August 6th, 1940 turn 18 our Capitol is captured by the Germans...

Meanwhile the Italians in a Brilliant maneuver are sweeping across North Africa. Though most of Royal Navy and French Navy survived the War, most if it's damaged or out of location where it is needed. The Axis Navy has lost all it's surface fleet aside one Destroyer.

Scotland has not a French Invasion as you would expect but a German one? Where is the Wallace when you need them...Brits shoring up defenses for a full on attack!

The Great Sea Battles of WW1 relived without powerful Air Forces or Carriers but good old fashioned Shelling and maneuvering. Now the British push on, into Libya hoping to show they too can Blitzkrieg before all is lost on that Continent...
Last edited by BattlevonWar on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Sea Lion, lost a fighter some land corps/garrisons so far... Just picked at the Germans there, no real losses for him, sad for my side! My worst performance so far. Should have been more patient...

I figure that my Air Fleets were drawn from defending France in his above maneuver that is why France was taken with such low losses. The whole ideal of the Dyle Turn 3ish is to kill the opponents Air blockade him on a narrow front. Which I almost accomplished...This is however a very clever and innovative opponent thus he has sort of gone around my plans.

P.S. I have high hopes for the Russians and Americans, nothing is set in stone and(!) I am not a very good Naval Soldier...sort of like a Cat, my land forces should show a different card...

The Battle of Africa and the Med will come in detail later as I will not reveal what may be slightly sensitive...France still holds onto it's picture frame :P
Last edited by BattlevonWar on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by richardsd »

in the nicest possible way - you are toast

spain will join the axis, the med will be closed and you will struggle to get the west ashore whilst the Russians fight alone
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Unfortunately forgetting that non-port cities make great Supply Bases will be a lesson now hard learned! I left one hole and on the side that recon can sniff out. Although I feel that I still have a chance if I get lucky, exact losses and stick it to the Axis everywhere that I am able. I have two screenshots where one.... I lost Spain-Africa and was 2 hexes from Berlin by '45.....two I had lost just UK-MidEast almost and captured Berlin and Hamburg and soon London(probably) before '45(both opponents very great players) This opponent is a very potent Axis player, I think he's doing the right thing, putting crappy Italian Tech against worthless African Defenses and using great German Tech against so so British Tech before it exists.. Sacrifice the worthless fleets before the Numbers are against him anyway. Also attack any hole at all you can find. I would prefer this was an IP game, the timebreak makes me more prone to error.

Battles Raging for control of North Africa

Mareth abandoned and Tobruk under Siege...England is still holding Germany in Scotland in 1941 likely
Last edited by BattlevonWar on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cybvep
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Cybvep »

The pictures don't work.
historysearch
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by historysearch »

Great AAR!!! I will be happy to take on Supermax if the game designers let me have an atomic bomb. Might need several against this opponent…
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Cybvep wrote:The pictures don't work.
110% certain of that? I can see them, reload the forum? Also you might be from The Netherlands(shouldn't matter now adays use to), imgur is the photo host I am using and usually it doesn't matter.
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

He's a man, I am just not thinking outside the box unfortunately. You are right the though, a lot of experience in this game.
historysearch wrote:Great AAR!!! I will be happy to take on Supermax if the game designers let me have an atomic bomb. Might need several against this opponent…
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

December 1940:

Managed to capture Tobruk, whoa... that was not worth the price and now my forces are too far away from liberating Libya altogether in order to help North Africa and the conversion of Spain/North Africa to the Axis side. I abandoned Gibraltar this turn and that cost me, immediately went as a no go port for me. There was a lot of losses incurred during the last long clear season in England and I really needed to keep the Italians out of the Atlantic as basically between the both Axis there are two Battleships separated but together is not cool. I think fortunately in 7 months my opponent will DOW Russia though as just about every player I have gone up against does this. One guy told me a delayed Barbarossa is not a wise decision as USSR will move to war and Tech up and build up right on your borders. I am not sure Great Britain can sustain itself without it's Allies now, it is perhaps not feasible but we shall see!

Last edited by BattlevonWar on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Spring 1941:

UK is pushed out of Scotland officially. First time since Bonnie Prince Charlie directly threatened English territory with his Highland Scots, "God Save Merry Ole England." All of the Luftwaffe and huge presence of Germans in Northern Scotland probably will overrun UK by Summer as my troops are degraded from healthy fighting stock to the bottom of the barrel. France is mostly finished off at long last as I abandoned the Port Cities in the West from Brest down to Marseille. Bordeaux is approached by the Spaniards who just joined up and occupied the Rock of Gibraltar as their own.

English hunker down in the last Mountain strongholds between the Industrial Core of England and open terrain, as 2 fighters have been scratched off and 1 knocked down to 2 steps... Still RAF present and RN but the heart stutters as we hear Yugoslavia is invaded in The Balkans and all The Balkans Join the Axis aside Greece!!! This is no shocker and with nothing but perfect weather that will be a cakewalk, inability to operate around for a proper defense!

I do see a light at the end of the tunnel, Comrade Stalin? President Franklin Delano Roosevelt come help out the British people already!
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

next
Last edited by BattlevonWar on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Situation before during evacuation of The British Isles!

Mechs, Paras and more units, we believe near total of 7 Tacs arrive to bombard England. I knew this was coming so I departed in Spring slowly, several good units did not escape due to the limitation on railing out when adjacent enemy. SuperMax was tight on my Heels the whole time. My former home in Norfolk county overrun? 3 huge mistakes this game for me so far(all supply bases in England must be garrisoned), Bombers/Fighters/Tacs cannot be used usually in defense of anything against land opponents and try not to react so much..act..I took upon myself to react to his Maneuver against Spain rather than to act which would likely have cost him more PPs/Turns and Units... Where it stands I doubt 100 LW steps will die(I like 150 dead LW Steps in exchange for The UK) and he also has Spain/NW Africa... Not good for me at all, plus France was a wash. He showed me how to compete with a Dyle and I hope I learned the half of it. You better arrange your troops right in the face of good tactics. Pushing and pushing on the air takes the sting out of the Dyle Wasp, even at loss if necessary.

Iraq gets converted back to her Mother Country and Obviously Turn 32~Barbarossa is not too far off! I have to pray he is going to be constrained for Man Power as obviously he not for PPs at this point. I fortunately escaped with some of my Navy and Units. They may fight another day(sounds like James Bond almost) except that was die another day :?

P.S. I wonder what Axis oil is like? I found unlike what some think, clever Axis players can manage on the oil given. I have in many many games
Last edited by BattlevonWar on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

1941 Summer is nearly here:

A captured Enigma machine reveals that communications between The GHC there will be no 1941 Barbarossa. Allied Commanders sit as Greece is invaded. Wonder if this is smoke and mirrors or the real thing? Hmm, Stalin is training new Cadets

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”