max vs battle(Allies)

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: max vs battle(Allies)

Post by BattlevonWar »

Franco sends his emissary to the USA

September 10th 1941:

Ireland folds like a deck of cards before the Might German Army Corps. German Transports shadowed by The Italian Navy show up to take down Egypt and we attempt to wait this Grey Storm out. Even still Canada Coastline is directly threatened by the Kriegsmarine in force... I have not learned much about tactics so far(a few minor things) though about strategies I have learned likely 3 or 4 Xs what I knew before! Most incredible and educational for me.
Last edited by BattlevonWar on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

1942: USA enters war, Suez is Axis

Canada Remains Free. Seat of the British Government, The Suez Canal falls beneath the hands of the Axis Hordes. Iraq and Syria are still contested Real Estate and there is now a Mega Concrete Fortress from Norway to North Africa. We have lost 2 Capitol ships since the loss of England but maintained our forces, despite the early departure which can hit you -40 morale per turn.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

yep no images. I could see them a couple of days ago now gone.
richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by richardsd »

I can see them
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

I am guessing it's IMGUR the image hosting net program I'm using is not allowing people from certain countries to view.(probably primarily some European Nations?) I had read somewhere it could be an issue. What I will do soon is move over those images to ImageShack or another hosting program so I do not block everyone. Mind you, most of these images are chopped to keep the sensitive info plus I don't really want to reveal SuperMax's precise tactics I think it a violation of a player's, playing style. A guy should have to lose to you to understand how you kick butt unless otherwise he says, go ahead and reveal all. I have had a Fortress Europa done to me and obviously this is that, and that is the last time I lost as the Allies! This guy is quite Elite.
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

pk867 wrote:yep no images. I could see them a couple of days ago now gone.
testing with you, can you see this Image in tinypic?

Last time I actually got to attack something... :P
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

yes
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Alright converted all my images over to TinyPic off Imgur, which I hope will allow everyone to view what little bit I have included here.
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Spring 1942

Germans move into Palestine but leave after the presence The 8th Army is finally seen. Camping opposite side of the Suez upgrading equipment like planes and tanks and artillery for any future conflict. The Axis are pretty well entrenched and unlikely to go easy from this region now as their Italian Allies are feeling a desire to fight more avidly than previously.

With the finishing off of Ireland and it's rebellious population there is severe fear in the British Heart's that this is it for us. Though Canada is a sweet deal as far as handing out free acres for farming and land distribution we yearn for our Island back again. This will be no small feat.

The Soviets enter the conflict, something...Plus a few Naval Exchanges, few boats hit nothing major...
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

As the Allies approached The Suez in an attempt to show a beating of the War Drums, the DAK and their Axis Allies showed them a thing or two about how to maneuver and use tanks in the Desert. Outflanking and crushing several 8th Army elements and thoroughly hampering further incursions into Egypt.

Meanwhile British Submarines strike at targets of opportunity as does The RAF, the only place of which any success is felt in British Lines. Americans and more British reinforcements arrive in the region and since the terrain in the Golan region of Syria is less than favourable for tank offensives, things have bogged down some. Though more axis units and air have come to the region either to bolster or await supply and the situation progress.

Meanwhile Late Summer of 1942:

Morocco and NorthWest Africa is invaded by Allied Forces. It's unknown the current strengths but several Axis ships had to be cleared in the Battle of the Atlantic and couple more hammered down by the elite Frogmen of the US Navy(sapping battleship, cruiser and transport alike) one of the few places so far the Allies have shown any sort of edge against their opposition.

The Powerful Wehrmacht faces the Red Army and it's nothing but blood spilled across The Baltic States, Belarus and The Ukraine however Mother Russia is just partially pierced in it's belly and Northern Sectors. Leningrad is now directly threatened and there is Sevastopol is also captured by the Axis invaders. There seems to be a large quantity of Axis Air Power on the Eastern Front, dictating along with high Axis Tech the direction of things. The Winter may bring a rest and perhaps an end to this slaughter of our Brave soldiers who so far have not stood and fought in all places but some...delaying this Spring to Winter offensive...

Things are now quiet on the Eastern Front, basically
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Very early on when Red Army Lines were forming and Axis lines were extending

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Fall 1942 Losses

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Summer of '43

German Panzer tear through The Stalin Line Behind The Dnepr, in The South. Moscow still controls the Rail hub in the Center, Leningrad barely and the Finnish Front...The Axis Panther drove deep into the Caucasus but withdrew when the futility of gain vs loss was realized(that and a limited Western Allied Invasion of Africa which now approaches Tunis, but strong Axis forces operate West to deal with this). Over a dozen Red Mechs were toasted but the Air/Tank Might of the Russian Army refits/upgrades for the upcoming battles.

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

1943 continued:

After the initial retreat of the Russian Forces and their own limited Winter offensive aimed at depleting the strategic reserves of the Axis forces in Oil and Manpower we had hoped to follow up in a sweeping style through Spain and Italy...there was a distant possibility of landing Ireland and using this a base of operations for an air assault against England itself but that was ruled out seeing the massive Fortresses built on the Irish countrysides..

The only mismatched thing that the Russian Leadership overlook was the ratio of tech/tank/mech/corps vs their own... by the time Summer of '43 had hit we were in trouble and in this lead to a minimal slaughter before finally withdrawaling. As their was not a sufficient Western Front by this point to draw enough Axis Forces to allow for a Russian Advance or even a Russian forward position post Severe Winter. Below shows the Southern advance of the Axis spearhead into the Caucasus and also the Torch Landings...which though were extremely large they were too piecemeal and allowed quick Axis reprisals all along the way.

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

The situation in the North of Russia before a General Retreat is called, very dire... As you can see the Russians have no chance and even when they had force ratio the tech on the other end was beyond matched!

Extent of Torch Operation before running into vast Hurdles(like a way off Africa and onto Italy-Spain)

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

1944:

Supermax so far has played pretty flawlessly and has harassed my units in North Africa so bad that I cannot contain nor expand. Large amounts of USAF move to Jordan and Libya but are repelled and Commando style raids force them to defensive lines. Large RAF Forces in Morocco and Algeria are forced to rear airfields to resupply and refit due more such Commando raids...causing havoc in the general motion of the Western Advance. This will probably delay any possibility of a mainland European Assault for a long time to come. Regardless with the aid of local resistance fighters a USA Armored Unit lands in Southern France :lol:

Although with short lived success here as Axis Forces Pounce like a Puma before we can spread out... Allied Forces probe France/England/Ireland only to be assaulted by Axis Air
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

In Russia Spring-Summer 1944:

We would advance but we are a bit thin and any advance too far may cost, but The Chief is calling for an attack, what will we do? A small amount of Russian Units are forming up. Still missing some of those beautiful mechs from a few years back... but we have some new Fighters with upgraded cannons, some of the largest tanks in mass, covered by a thick layer of Tacs, force ratio if not for that pesky River may even demand an Assault, where are Our Western Allies??? We need more help USA/UK!!!

Last edited by BattlevonWar on Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

This area of the Front is rather Stale... Has been since the Axis forced a Soviet Withdrawal, no threat has been made on Moscow? I was curious if the Axis might go for a do or die here to just say they did it : )

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

Here a few Mechs/Tanks(highly upgraded German ones) attack. Russians throw back the defenders but don't want to risk losing counteroffensive strength here.

No other major battle zones aside Egypt...
BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BattlevonWar »

In Egypt a lack of Tacs and strong Battle Tanks causes issues but bringing them is hard to get around that Horn of Africa and the length of Libya... making progress here slow! Axis quickly dispatch our only tanks driven in with reinforcements with Air/Commandos and reinforcements before they're flanked!

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”