Random Allied Opponent 3.0GS

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

BattlevonWar
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Random Allied Opponent 3.0GS

Post by BattlevonWar »

Thought I would provide a Random 3.0GS Axis side AAR by myself without revealing my opponent of course unless they would wish it.

What I did in this game was focus primarily on Russia and ignored the Atlantic and North Africa. I put a good 6 or 7 tanks into Russia with an = or greater amount of Mechs. I ran those tanks along with 4 or so German Fighters/4 or so German Tacs...I ran out of fuel I ran them so hard into the Russian Hinterland, nearly bringing land connection with Finland and my primary goal in this game was avoiding a huge conflict in the West so I could take Moscow. By this point my Allied opponent and I reached our Climax, which was 1942... I was under 200 fuel for the Germans most of the year but I was trading units with the Russians and apparently in 3.0GS you cannot afford to do this. If you look at the casualties I managed to severely cripple the Russians, I had my forces within 1 hex of Moscow for a good year or more but there was always that many more Russians and with a 2nd front/3rd front in France and Italy...Things got too hairy for me to then keep my lines from busting in half. Which are happening by 3 major encirclements in October of '43.....END of the line for the German Forces in the East and along with Operation Market Garden and Overlord end of the line in the West.

This has given me great insight to how the game is played, I may last into '44 but that is that... My goal to take Moscow seemed imminent but I underestimated the vast resources the Allies bring into play in '42...which seems key, this is when they are going to outnumber you 2 to 1 and if you have not taken key positions on them, you've likely lost or if you do not plan to dig in for a long war at this point...I decided to Gamble, if I took Moscow I figured he would have lost the game and I think I was right and I think my strategy was right to figure it's taken him a whole year to mop up the remains of my offensive force and likely another year to finish me off completely...Great Game I applaud my opponent here!

Meanwhile a Mirror game is taking place, I have 20 Russian Aircraft I believe :) Same timeframe, plus around 20 Russian Mechs/Tanks..I will just say the only thing between me and Berlin is a few Rivers. Good lord do Axis Air Units become superfluous when you run out of PPs to fill 'em up
richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Random Allied Opponent 3.0GS

Post by richardsd »

there are a lot of balance factors in the game, its so easy to learn and very hard to master

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”