GS3.0 - Supermax (Axis) vs Dan Slayer (Allies) - Max welcome

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

DanSlayer
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: GS3.0 - Supermax (Axis) vs Dan Slayer (Allies) - Max wel

Post by DanSlayer »

...and the next one...

Turn 09 | 8. Februar 1940

Pre-Turn

MUD in Europe! Very good! :D

We plan to continue our transport operations. In the West, the DDs are to clarify the routes, transporters afterwards. A small danger zone remains unexplored, but without any risk we cannot win the war! ;).

The enemy attacked the Dutch with his Sub! This is very good, as we see him now. We stick to the target and try to drive around the sub, in the hope that no one else is there.

Probably last reinforcements are meeting from Poland. Hmm, not yet repaired? But still threaten our hole in the Maginot Line, which must be filled!

Post-Turn

Here is a view zoomed out a bit. The transport operations went according to plan, no enemy traps.

The Royal Navy and RAF are set up for the fight. Since the manpower is still below 75%, we decide to not repair the CV. It is not long, and we can repair it without deducting of quality. Instead of this we buy the last possible LAB.

Last “cleaning” of the defensive line. The guys in the trenches counts the last hours...

Here are the losses - so you don’t have to scroll back too far for comparison. ;) If next turn we get fair, we will see, what can be left by the Allied positions after attacks of Luftwaffe and Wehrmacht.

Anyone, who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield, will think hard before starting a war.

Otto von Bismarck
JimR
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by JimR »

I notice you've committed quite a few British ground units to the French battle. I guess the payoff is that these units delay the Germans. But isn't it risky to put so many British units in the line of fire, at a time when Britain has a small PP income and the Germans may be in a position (post-Fall of France) to launch a SeaLion invasion?
DanSlayer

Post by DanSlayer »

Dear JimR, yep it's risky. So we let the Canadians land in England. And would producce soon one more Mech for this case. Don't think, Max has atm capacity for Sea Lion and France at the same time. So we have some turns to prepare a kind of defence. The BEF-Corps can also be evacuated from Rouen, if it needs...

Turn 10 | 28. Februar 1940

Pre-Turn

Fair in Europe! It means a lot of blood rain!

The view of the battlefield.

At first: the enemy attacks us at sea? Bismarck on the water! - Probably let our sub the front DD survived. One german submarine attacks on our CV in harbor. Where are the others? Certainly they covers the Bismarck, but how and how many? We suspect more a barrier to the British Isles, to cover both BB and DD. We hope no further sub behind the BB ... The Royal Navy gathers way! ;)

The RAF suffered heavy losses. But the enemy some too.

In France we lose 3 Gar completely and 2 badly damaged. We see a clear trend of the enemy to break through at north of Paris. Just another day of those attacks and our left flank no longer exists and the way to Paris is open. Since we have no "reserves", we decide to shorten the front, and thus save the left flank.

Post-Turn

We create, at least in the western and central sector of the front again a 2 row line. At the right flank are few enemy units, we give up on it. We need to protect Paris, and not the woods...

The Canadians lands in England. We repair the RAF. But first the sea operations:

The way of Bismarck destruction: no enemy sub behind the ship, the follwing BB attack let the Bismarck retreat. The next BB kills the enemy! HURRA! Next: our DD checks the entrance to the harbor of London – but finds a sub at the other side! Last BB covers our CV in the Harbor. 2 DDs from Atlantic achieves the operational area and covers the fleet from the rear.

As result of this sea battle: the danger of the Sealion is strong lowered. We got no total losses meanwhile.

Defensive commander for BEF INF in Rouen. ;)

hmmm…. nice… The Bismarck is on the ground…
Anyone, who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield, will think hard before starting a war.

Otto von Bismarck
richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by richardsd »

very interesting, I will say though that the UK is going to be very weak if the Axis attacks somewhere MED based :-)
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

If you can sink the German DD too then it will become very very hard to d a Sealion for the Axis. They need to shift production into new DD's to supply landing troops and that takes time and PP's.
Kragdob
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Kragdob »

No Sealion now. I think Max didn't intend a one anyway.
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

Kragdob wrote:No Sealion now. I think Max didn't intend a one anyway.
I was also guessing no Sealion - I have an idea of what he might be upto, but it would be unfair to say so now :)
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

I guess he will refuse the armistice offer and try to get Spain on the Axis side.
supermax
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by supermax »

Guys sorry to dissapoint you but i am up to nothing.

Plan is a simple 41 barbarossa.

The weather blundered my blitz and losses are too high.

Nothing real exciting here boys.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

supermax wrote:Guys sorry to dissapoint you but i am up to nothing.

That's a realistic wise choice ! Good luck Max ! :)
Kragdob

Post by Kragdob »

supermax wrote:Guys sorry to dissapoint you but i am up to nothing.

Hey! Why spoiler? We could have discussed possible options for two more pages! ;-)
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

yeah, like Max has ever one a simple 41 barbarossa
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

done a
DanSlayer

Post by DanSlayer »

He-he... Nice discussion guys! :D Hopefully Max will not reveal to much things, so we get the AAR some exciting! ;) But back to the game...

Turn 11 | 19. März 1940

Pre-Turn

What is going on here? The Operation Sealion had begun?!?!

(Btw: the link to the german text is corrupt! It’s a text of D-Day, not Sealion!)

As result: two garrisons set up in England. And also.... ITALY ENTERS THE WAR!!!

But through this we get Iraq and Agypt on our side. And the rail way through the Middle East. Till german (or italian) reinforcements arrives we have some superiority with Commonwealth Forces there! With French Fleet also in the Med!... What plans the Duce? Early Invasion of West Africa?

Ok, up to the map!

The picture is a bit big cause merged together… At first: ha, only one Gar lands in Aberdeen – not a really Sealion, just a fake. To get early Italy? To invade Britain 41, but not allow brits get 4 Gars? Hmm… We should be warned.

In fact, this year the Sealion will not come: the enemy landed his paratroopers behind our lines in France! Certainly, in order to prevent further withdrawals on the left flank and destroy them rapidly. We can not accept this and plan a counterattack to close this gap! If we not do something here, the enemy is in 2 turns in Paris!

Also we lose Lorraine, a major mine with 5 PP. The enemy attacks the eastern bunker of the Maginot Line - only makes sense by rejecting of Vichy! Another indication of the attack on West Africa?

Apparently without air support germans attacks The Hague - The Dutch fight back bravely!

Our battleship was attacked by the sub (and air?) and badly damaged (6 Steps) - we must bring him and the CV out of the range of Luftwaffe – up to the northern harbors!

Post-Turn

DD check the Route and we bring safely both heavy ships in the harbors. CV attacks the „invaders“. We rail the camouflaged Canadians on the „Nothern Front“ to retake the city. Probably the germans think, we have build allready this units? ;) Also we prepare the other Mech to rail to the North next turn.

In France we attacks the paratroops - supported by RAF (STRB + FTR) - and could kill them easly. After air attacks they loose 1-2 steps and was orange - light target for the Mech. We lost 2 steps STRB (DF) and 2 steps Mech by this attack.

We withdraw with other forces and build again 2-row-line. One thing is there secure: our Brits in Rouen – entrenched and now commanded by a def-leader. :D At the right flank Reims should fall next turn.

The allied fleet bombards the beaches, but only RN ships hit something. The Dutch Corps get reinforcements. Ah ya, we let the Duth Gar in Britain as unuseful… No rail capacity, no time, too weak…

In the Med we reiniforce at first the Gar in Tunis for case of Invasion of West Africa. Also the british FTR at Malta.

The British fleet joins together with one french BB. The other should be a bait (german „Köder“) for the RM! ;) The Italians has only 1 BB, 1 DD and 1 sub for attack. Unlikely, but who knows, maybe they shall bite?

The french Sub prevents some the landing transports…

In Egypt, we bring our strike forces to the libyan border - but don’t exceed them and stay out of sight of the enemy. We want to wage a determined attack against the Italians! But don’t put too early from our projects in knowledge! The other Corps we’ll rail next turn - no capacity for this now.

We repair the FTR and bring the BB from Persian Gulf in the Red Sea.

And the loses as usual…

Otto von Bismarck
AC67
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by AC67 »

Hi, sorry to be out of topic, but seeing your screenshots I realized that the German translation of events is quite bad - lots of grammar and syntax errors. To whom it may concern: if it is possible I would be happy to correct them.

BTW: I like this AAR very much. Keep up the good work

AC67
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

We already have a person working on the German translation (Hü). Thank you for offering to help, through. :)
Last edited by Peter Stauffenberg on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hue
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by hue »

Yes, I am on it. Actually together with Dan :D. About 75% are done since Christmas holidays, since then I had no time to finish. Give us some more weeks plz. :)
Dear receiver! This post was officially proofread by the NSA to avoid displeasing content in order to guarantee your complete satisfaction! Thank you for your understanding. You're welcome!
DanSlayer

Post by DanSlayer »

@AC67: thx and wellcome!

@Stauffenberg + Hü: yep. Also I note the messages with wrong links and wanna repair them... :)

Turn 12 | 08. April 1940

Pre-Turn

Enemy steel avalanche rolled over the French Gars - six units are destroyed, Reims taken by storm. But the enemy is not over the Seine, that much is ok.

Good news from Holland – the enemy took badly loses during assault on the city.

Some better resolved. Italians are on the front – good, not in Africa!

Bloody DogFight at the skies. The enemy get slowly air superiority.

But we see, the german FTR in Luttich is out of range and we plan a counter attack! On the Corps on the beach before Rouen.

Bud first to the MED. Our trap didn’t work. We see some movements of RM.

Italian air force is on Sicily, but Tunis is out of range. Probably they should be moved to Libya. It seems to be no landing in Tunis, therefore french fleet get orders to attack!

Post-Turn

Back to the Island. We attack the invaders and rail next Mech for the next turn – british citys should stay british!

Combinied attack on the Corps – damn, it survaves by one step and don’t retreating! Badly loses by RAF.

We change the Mech to Paris by good entrechment.

In other resolution. We repairs the Dutch and build a kind of blockwall about Paris. The french FTR is very endangered.

We suppose an attack on the right flank – the enemy is stronger on this side and our defend lines are not closed. So we hope to get a possibility to counter attack with our left flank.

The Gar from the Maginot Line block a bit ital. tank.

Bahhh… Badly results in the MED. In the Harbor of Messina we found it. BB, but lost the attack.

The 8th Army crosses the Libyan border, and dashes closed before. More reinforcements follow afterwards from Iraq. The RN clarifies on enemy positions and perpetrated a successful attack on the front Corps. Well let's look how the enemy reacts here!

Otto von Bismarck
DanSlayer

Post by DanSlayer »

Sorry for a long delay, I was too busy last time. But now I'm hoping for some more progress in the AAR.

Turn 13 | 28. April 1940

Pre-Turn

Germans breaks through our right flank in the France. As a wounder survives the french FTR and we can rescue him to England for the case of no Vichy.

The front german Corps by Paris is damaged, in clear terrain and not entrenched - we see a possibility to counter attack there. Also the german Corps by Rouen seems to be a good target! ;)

BTW no replacements by the germans at The Hague – so the Dutch should survive for one turn more!

At Aberdeen it should be an easy game to kick off the invaiders from the Island!

In the Med we see some strange actions of Italians. The italian airforce attacks Malta – should it be the first preparation for landing there? Furthermore we see a part of the naval movement near Crete – probably italian landing transporters to cut off the 8th Army?

The RN was attacked by two subs…

…but not tragic. The Fleet is still intact, we can operate with him. Italian BBs are still cutted off at the pass of Messina by the french Sub.

Also we get reinforcements from the Persian Gulf. So our orders are simply: attack! We need a rapid breakthrough through the enemy lines!

Post-Turn

At first we spot with the sub and detect an tranported italian GAR. This should be an easy exercise for the RN.

So we sink the transporter by only two attacks.

British tanks attacks the damaged italian Corps and force him to retreat. But we remain by our backward units – no desire to be circled.

The french Navy is again disappointing. Only one hit by the sub attack.

And back to the North. Brits liberates Aberdeen. RAF attacks a german TAC but was intercepted by the best german FTR. The results are acceptable.

After a coastal bombardment we attack the german Corps and force him to retreat. No air capacity to kill him.

By Paris we destroy the front Corps and close the line again. No more money to build a new GAR by Paris. Can the germans take the city next turn?

Axis lost 1 Corps and 2 Gars this turn. We are pleased about. But how long we can hold France?

Otto von Bismarck
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

Very high Axis losses in general and France won't fall that quickly, anyway. Maybe a 1-turn difference. I think that you can be pleased with the results so far.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”