Thru the Maginot: Strategic Europa (aar stopped)

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

supermax
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Thru the Maginot: Strategic Europa (no Carlos pls)

Post by supermax »

supermax

Post by supermax »

Well. So far, so good. OUr campaign is continuying in yougoslavia. We should take the city in 2 or 3 turns. We are gearing ourselves up fior a MED campaign. the british will unboubtedly send their fleet in the MED, this will be a good battle, but we should prevail since we'll have overwhelming aircover. We have 4 TAC on the map and another one in the production queue.

JimR
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by JimR »

supermax wrote:By mid 42, ill be in an interesting position if i can do what i am Planning...
Can't wait! :D
supermax

Turn 17

Post by supermax »

supermax

Post by supermax »

supermax

Re: Thru the Maginot: Strategic Europa (aar stopped)

Post by supermax »

The game is proceeding well, but in order to avoid any more limitations to the game I will keep this little strategy to myself.

Sorry about this guys, but the Suez canal situation pissed me off big time. No need to make the game options and fun even worse than they are now.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

supermax wrote:The game is proceeding well, but in order to avoid any more limitations to the game I will keep this little strategy to myself.

Sorry about this guys, but the Suez canal situation pissed me off big time. No need to make the game options and fun even worse than they are now.
so why not continue ? Who can copy your strategy ? It will be difficult unless his skill is as good as you !
supermax

Post by supermax »

Believe me if it works Borger will shut this little stunt as fast as ive posted it.
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

I think it is kind of sad that you feel you need to mention it but keep it secret instead of just explaining here in a few words what your ideas are so that we can appreciate/discuss them. Your idea about wearing down the Maginot and moving into places earlier with just infantry has been very interesting. Share your ideas so we can discuss them.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

supermax wrote:Believe me if it works Borger will shut this little stunt as fast as ive posted it.
Yes , I had experienced it many times ! :( But to share your strategy with eachother ,at least we can have some fun by ourselves !
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Morris wrote:
supermax wrote:Believe me if it works Borger will shut this little stunt as fast as ive posted it.
Yes , I had experienced it many times ! :( But to share your strategy with eachother ,at least we can have some fun by ourselves !
I think you misunderstand here.

It is not like I alone decided on most changes. Actually most changes were discussed and voted on in the closed beta. Stopping your blob strategies was actually wanted by many. If I recall even you claimed it was overly powerful.

I mainly implement what the beta group decided upon. So testers had their chances to get heard.

Some changes were done to avoid crazy situations like USA remain like sitting ducks while the Germans capture Canada and then strike USA for a one turn cinquest. 90% of the US territory is off.map. Some people like games where anything is possible. Others dont. They want some kind of realism.

That is the main reason why your blob strategies were made more difficult or USA would mobilize if Axis forces land in Canada.

The changes of the transport loops wasnt even my idea, but suggested from a member in the beta team and it won the vote. It can easily be altered in general txt if one want all loops open. Actually the Atlantic loop was controlled by Basra in earlier versions. So taking Suez wouldnt open it before either.

GS is moddable. Its easy to turn off build limits in general.txt if one wants to allow blob strategies

You can even extend the rail supply range if you dont like the rail conversion rules

What you see in genral.txt is just the default settings
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

Actually the Atlantic loop was controlled by Basra in earlier versions. So taking Suez wouldnt open it before either.
Yeah, I don't understand the complaint here. It's not that the Axis managed to take Basra in many 2.1 CEAW games. Hell, now you can actually try to invade Iraq by sea if you take Suez, because the Red Sea-the Persian Gulf loop will be open.

And if you don't like it, you can change it by modifying one entry in a *.txt file. Come on. That's neither difficult nor time-consuming.

So take it easy, do what you want and have fun :D.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Stauffenberg wrote:
Morris wrote:
I think you misunderstand here.

It is not like I alone decided on most changes. Actually most changes were discussed and voted on in the closed beta. Stopping your blob strategies was actually wanted by many. If I recall even you claimed it was overly powerful.

I mainly implement what the beta group decided upon. So testers had their chances to get heard.

Some changes were done to avoid crazy situations like USA remain like sitting ducks while the Germans capture Canada and then strike USA for a one turn cinquest. 90% of the US territory is off.map. Some people like games where anything is possible. Others dont. They want some kind of realism.

That is the main reason why your blob strategies were made more difficult or USA would mobilize if Axis forces land in Canada.

The changes of the transport loops wasnt even my idea, but suggested from a member in the beta team and it won the vote. It can easily be altered in general txt if one want all loops open. Actually the Atlantic loop was controlled by Basra in earlier versions. So taking Suez wouldnt open it before either.

GS is moddable. Its easy to turn off build limits in general.txt if one wants to allow blob strategies

You can even extend the rail supply range if you dont like the rail conversion rules

What you see in genral.txt is just the default settings
yes , Borger , I do know our game canbe adjusted to whatever you want ! I still remembered that you said if you want you can set up a Gorzilla in the game to crush all my blobs ! But what we need is a perfect strategy WW2 war game which is just like chess which canbe played over & over . As we know that there are hundreds of strategy of the chess offense & defence . By the way , I don't think we should always deal with a new strategy & find a way to ruin it sothat no one can use it anymore . We should give players more options by different strategy . Usually few of them will excute the strategy as well as the one who invent it . This is a game ,not a history documentary movie . Player should has the opportunity to make different choice from the real history & achive the different final result .
richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by richardsd »

that though is not the intension of the mod!
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

You can't make a perfect strategy for GS. There will always be so many variables that can ruin such a strategy (poor dice rolls on weather, certain battles etc.).

In chess you have no variables like dice. Black and white have exactly the same resources at start. Even then the game is not completely balanced. It's considered that white has an advantage over black initially. So most players win more often with white.

The goal of GS is to have a pretty historical mod who is fun to play without being too complicated. Achieving the ultimate balance is not possible. Player creativity will always come up with something that can defeat what is considered to be the best strategy. Then another player will find a way to counter the New strategy and so on.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Stauffenberg wrote:You can't make a perfect strategy for GS. There will always be so many variables that can ruin such a strategy (poor dice rolls on weather, certain battles etc.).

In chess you have no variables like dice. Black and white have exactly the same resources at start. Even then the game is not completely balanced. It's considered that white has an advantage over black initially. So most players win more often with white.

The goal of GS is to have a pretty historical mod who is fun to play without being too complicated. Achieving the ultimate balance is not possible. Player creativity will always come up with something that can defeat what is considered to be the best strategy. Then another player will find a way to counter the New strategy and so on.
Yes ,sir . This sounds more acceptable. Anyway , this is already a great game ! We just want it to be perfect which is a mission impossible . :)
Let's just enjoy the game & improve it by our practise .
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Morris wrote:Let's just enjoy the game & improve it by our practise .
Well said. :)
supermax

Post by supermax »

i'll go on and just do that, but I wont post a screen capture of it :)

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”