Oddities in 3.0

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

JyriErik
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Oddities in 3.0

Post by JyriErik »

I've played a couple of games (vs the AI as Axis) and have noticed some oddities. Pretty much minor stuff.

1)Doing a rear area run through Persia I captured Baku & got the "Fall Blau Succeeds" message. I didn't think anything strange about it until a couple of turns later I triggered the "Fall Blau starts" message. Not sure if it's possible to have a conditional trigger but this was an unusual sequence of events.

2)I managed to trigger the "Fall Typhoon" message during winter. Not a biggie except for the part of the description about going for the capture of Moscow before winter starts felt a little weird.

Jyri
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Oddities in 3.0

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Those messages are just for flavor typing what happened historically. They can never anticipate your true intentions by your moves.

The major operations in the game are coded so you get a message of it when they start. One example is Market Garden. Land an Allied paratrooper until in Belgium / Holland and you get that message. With Case Blue you get the message if you move armor units a bit south of Rostov in Russia.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”