Morris Axis vs Kragdob Allies

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Morris Axis vs Kragdob Allies

Post by Morris »

Hi Everyone :

After several victorys by playing Allies , I want to try some Axis games ( It was too difficult for me to find an well experienced Axis player to against me :( )

Now let me introduce one of my Axis game with Mr Kragdob .

Turn 1

Axis launch attack to Polland without any aircover & transfer all Luftwaffe to the west for the Bliz next turn .
(no screenshot this turn )
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Morris Axis vs Kragdob Allies

Post by Morris »

Turn 2 Sept 21st 1939 fair

Germans try to encircle Warsaw & launch the Bliz to low countries & conquer Blegium . Allies retreat some of their Gars from Magnot fortress to set up their defence line .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Turn 3 Oct 11th 1939 fair

Axis use the fair weather to move into France , take Lile. In the east ,we finally almost encircle Warsaw . We will take it next turn . Hope for more good weather . If we can get five fair turns ,that will be a wonderful start for Axis .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Turn 4
Oct 31st 1939 fair

Polland finallly surrender .

We use the fair weather to attack the weak French , & sucessfully get two bridgehead across the river . This is the first time we arrive here in this turn . Maybe we can attack Paris in winter .

Cybvep
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Cybvep »

Don't you think that your ARMs are too exposed?
richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by richardsd »

Cybvep wrote:Don't you think that your ARMs are too exposed?
should lose both, one for sure the other depending on combat results
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Actually ,the screenshot is one turn late from the AAR ( we decided to make the AAR after we finish turn 14 ) , so when our tank across the river they were all nine steps & French units still in orange . Yes it is a little risky , but I believed French was not strong enough to kill my arm .Anyway we have to try our best to use the fair weather opportunity . :) Remember it is a bliz ! :lol:
Last edited by Morris on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

richardsd wrote:
should lose both, one for sure the other depending on combat results
If it is in 1940 , I agree with you (it will also depends on combat results), but in 1939 ,I am afraid they don't have enough good units to kill them since their effective were less than 40 .
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

There is nothing to be afraid of, Morris. In fact, you should be happy that it's still 1939 ;).
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Turn 5
Nov 20th 1939 fair

Thanks god we got the best luck of 1939 's weather ! It is fair ! During last turn , Allies tried their best to attack one of my arm bridgehead & reduced it to 2 steps ! But We hold the key attack position to attack Paris ! Since the corp in Paris took part in the battle to attack my arm last turn , so it was reduced to 9steps & low effective(around 40) , There is an opportunity to take Paris early . Even if we fail the mission , we will still have power to attack Paris which had no enrichment in winter . Finally we began our attack by the white TAC & white FTR , it reduced Paris to red 7 , then we attack Paris by the 9step panzer & 8step corp ,Paris was reduced to red 2 , at last two corp attack it across the river ,We made it ! This is the earlist France fall I have ever experienced ! Nov20th 1939 !

We turned back to prepare to take Holland in winter .

Our sub also find the Canadian transport in Altlantic ,they have to go back to UK now . France is belong to Axis !

Italy join the war immediately .

Axis now have so many choice to accomplish their dream! so what shall we do next ? Sealion ? NA ? Eygpt ?

Paris

Holland

Altlantic

Casualty after France fall

shawkhan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by shawkhan »

Actually, you have the extremely rare opportunity for a successful 1940 Barbarossa. Don't know if that has ever been done before.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

shawkhan wrote:Actually, you have the extremely rare opportunity for a successful 1940 Barbarossa. Don't know if that has ever been done before.
I have tried it in hotseat , but it seems hopeless since Axis can not deploy the attack power in south line (Romania ,Hungary& Bulgaria won't join the war before 1940 Babarosa). :(
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

Wow... Kragdob must be furious. He always complains about poor weather when he is playing the Axis and look what happened to you here :D.

You have enough time to do pretty much whatever you want...
Kragdob
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Kragdob »

Cybvep wrote:Wow... Kragdob must be furious. He always complains about poor weather when he is playing the Axis and look what happened to you here :D.
I was not :-D This will be a good test what Axis can do when they have all winds in the sails.
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.
joerock22
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by joerock22 »

This is a good illustration of why the French should never retreat across the Seine until 1940. It can be painful to stand and fight at the Belgian border, but at least you save Paris until 1940 and buy yourself more time to recruit garrisons for a final defense of the capital. Make the Germans march from Belgium to Paris in the mud and snow.

My philosophy is to try to make the Germans kill almost every single French unit before Paris falls. This way there are no wasted units. With a long line at the Seine, the Germans can isolate Paris and leave some French units alone to surrender.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Turn 6

Dec 10th 1939 winter

We attack Holland in winter , after 2 tacs & 3 corps attack , 3step left .

Meanwhile we transport the Italians back from Lybia & start some preparation for the Med action .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

joerock22 wrote:This is a good illustration of why the French should never retreat across the Seine until 1940. It can be painful to stand and fight at the Belgian border, but at least you save Paris until 1940 and buy yourself more time to recruit garrisons for a final defense of the capital. Make the Germans march from Belgium to Paris in the mud and snow.

My philosophy is to try to make the Germans kill almost every single French unit before Paris falls. This way there are no wasted units. With a long line at the Seine, the Germans can isolate Paris and leave some French units alone to surrender.
I agree with your points . The only use of France is to win more time & blood Germans as much as possible . :)
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

It looks like you are going to transport those MECHs to Africa... All out attack on Egypt in 1940? Maybe combined with the Sea Lion?
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Cybvep wrote:It looks like you are going to transport those MECHs to Africa... All out attack on Egypt in 1940? Maybe combined with the Sea Lion?
I won't be so aggressive ! I just want make more money without paying blood . :)
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

The Balkans + the uber Barbarossa, then?

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”