Alec Axis vs Morris Allies

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Alec Axis vs Morris Allies

Post by Morris »

Stauffenberg wrote:I think it's actually good that attacking the low countries in a 1939 blitz attack is riskier than the historical 1940 attack (called sitzkrieg). If you really want to ensure you don't get a bad start as the Germans you do the sitzkrieg version. Both Holland and Belgium will fall in 1 turn for sure and you should take Paris no later than July / August (depending on weather).

Sitzkrieg means less chance of Sealion, but that option is what you sacrifice. If you want to do Sealion you go for blitzkrieg with the added risk of the offensive backfiring like in this game.

I believe Alec felt he had to do the blitzkrieg because Morris is known for his Dyle attack with his Allies. Too bad this game was started before the v2.12 update made Dyle less lucrative by spawning the Canadians in the Spring of 1940 regardless of Dyle or not. Maybe Alec would have done the sitzkrieg with the updated version?

I think this game is completely lost for the Axis so maybe Morris can convince Alec for a restart and use the v2.12 update? Alec has shown good sportsmanship playing on with his unfortunate position. Maybe Morris can return the favor. :)
Actually ,this pbem happened after Dyle plan patch (v2.12 update).

Since I am still learning the GS 2.1 Manual , I just consider Alex as my teacher . & My teacher will be always welcome for 1or more restart ! it is quite up to Alex ! :)
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Does Alec have the patch too? I haven't sent it to more than a few. It's fine if you distribute further so we can check if it's completely bug free before we ask Slitherine to make it available for all.
GogTheMild
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by GogTheMild »

I've used it in quite a few games. Some against opponents with the same patch and some without. No bugs detected.
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Stauffenberg wrote:Does Alec have the patch too? I haven't sent it to more than a few. It's fine if you distribute further so we can check if it's completely bug free before we ask Slitherine to make it available for all.
I had transfered the patch which you sent to me to Alec at the beginning of our pbem . :)
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Nice. I guess we can give the files soon to Slitherine to put on their WEB site.
FOARP
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by FOARP »

Cybvep wrote:No surprises here. I would say that a failed Blitz is a death sentence 9 times out of 10. The Axis really has little room for failure early on.
Maybe, but I'd like to see someone try and fight it out at least once.
Cybvep
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Cybvep »

Oh, I'm sure that some people tried it. However, in the vast majority of cases, the Blitz is successful, i.e. you conquer Belgium in one turn. When the players are on a similar skill level, blunders like failed Blitz usually cost you the game. The Axis has little room for error so early on.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”