Supermax vs Morris GS 2.1

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Supermax vs Morris GS 2.1

Post by Morris »

June 7th 1940 fair

Sealion continue ! Axis try to land in England in someother place . We block it by Gars .

It is unbelievable that in order to sink RN's BB & DD , Max left his landing troops without supply ! Although RN lost a lot , no supply will badly delay Axis's progress in England . It seems we may keep Liverpool before autumn !

pre turn

after move

ncali
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by ncali »

peterjfrigate wrote:Morris's unexpected conservativism seems to be virtuous. He's managed to keep France alive reasonably long, inflict damage, and the UK is prepared for invasion. This will be an interesting contest!
I 100% agree, particularly in light of the new developments in the game. This is looking like a case where Supermax expected Morris to be poorly prepared for Sealion given his history of agressive Allied play. Morris deserves some respect for smashing those expectations. In fact, I think he has a good chance of keeping Liverpool (and maybe even London) until 1941 at least. London is hard to take with a good British unit there, particularly from the south. It should hold until it is isolated or the Germans have at least crossed the Thames. Regardless of the outcome, this is looking like it will be an expensive Sealion.
Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 »

[quote="Morris"]June 7th 1940 fair

Sealion continue ! Axis try to land in England in someother place . We block it by Gars .

It is unbelievable that in order to sink RN's BB & DD , Max left his landing troops without supply ! Although RN lost a lot , no supply will badly delay Axis's progress in England . It seems we may keep Liverpool before autumn !
/quote]

Actually why not....since the paratrooper will be in regular supply and protects the rest of non supply troops, no more no less...the rest is not of importance this turn and you only loose 2 steps of infantry to sink 2 RN battlegroups.

However we will se no conquest of England in 40....but Morris has to withstand 41 as well if Max continues. Perhaps we will se an early surrender....?
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Crazygunner1 wrote:Actually why not....since the paratrooper will be in regular supply and protects the rest of non supply troops, no more no less...the rest is not of importance this turn and you only loose 2 steps of infantry to sink 2 RN battlegroups.

However we will se no conquest of England in 40....but Morris has to withstand 41 as well if Max continues. Perhaps we will se an early surrender....?

sorry , I don't think it is a good business to let the landing troops without supply even if he can sink RN BB & DD . lose one step & lose 10 points effective are fatal to sealion mission . Axis have pp & oil , but time is limited . The slow down of the sealion progress usually will cause the high cost of axis & maybe even a failure of sealion .
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

June 27th 1940 fair

Three more Axis units landed in England . We badly hurt three landind units to 1 ,1 ,3 steps left . It is strange one of the latest landing troop still have no supply . It is really miserable time for the landing troops . But it seems more reinforcement coming to the shore .

Luftwaffe continue to provide support to the landing mission even if high casualties ! No more RN to attack the transport . We have to depends on our ground force themselves .

pre turn

after move

Cybvep
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Cybvep »

1 step loss is ok, but efficiency loss can be painful. I think that Morris is doing quite well so far. Except the 3-step MECH, Supermax doesn't have any heavy units in GB and Morris controls all ports there, so the Sea Lion may take some time.
Plaid
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Plaid »

I think german casualties are already inacceptable high. Probably Sealion will be total failure.
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

Plaid wrote:I think german casualties are already inacceptable high. Probably Sealion will be total failure.
Concerning this - can you recover from a failed Sea Lion? I tend not to go for it unless I'm sure that I will be successful, so I don't have much experience with Sea Lion failures.
Plaid

Post by Plaid »

Sometimes you can't revocer even from technically "succesful" one.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Plaid wrote:Sometimes you can't revocer even from technically "succesful" one.
this common is really a master lvl one ! yes ! I do agree ! :)
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

July 17th 1940 fair

Axis made big progress & encircle London . More troops land in England & they reset the supply for almost all landing troops but the dying mech . We kill parts of them & cut the landind area into two pieces !

pre turn

after move

Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

It seems that Supermax is prepared to pay a high price for GB. However, until he gets a port, progress will be slow and I'm quite convinced that he won't get Liverpool in 1940.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Supermax is probably doing German fortress in the east so there won't be a 1941 Barbarossa. It will be interesting to see if Supermax will go for Egypt or not.

I didn't get if he rejected or accepted the French armistice offer.
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

He didn't. TBH if it was a regular game between average players, I would say that the Allies have an advantage and that the Axis is failing.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Stauffenberg wrote:Supermax is probably doing German fortress in the east so there won't be a 1941 Barbarossa. It will be interesting to see if Supermax will go for Egypt or not.

I didn't get if he rejected or accepted the French armistice offer.
Since He found all French cites are guarded , He accepted the armistice offer . :)
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

Well, he will avoid the North African slugfest, but since the British don't have to defend Casablanca, they can focus entirely on the defence of their homeland. Concerning Egypt, going for it without taking Gibraltar is simply not worth it in CEAW - you get little in terms of PPs and Suez blockade is inconsequential.
Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 »

It´s a long road before we can say this game is decided yet, just hope that max doesn´t give up...that would be boring
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Aug 6th 1940 fair

Axis launched a well planed attack & almost conquer London . We move the one step Mech out & deploy a new corp in London .Also we destroy one corp & badly hurt the para & sucessfully reset the communication with London .

Now I am sure Liverpool will be ok before bad weather :)

pre turn

after move

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Aug 26th 1940

Axis surrender .

After careful consideration , Max chose giving up . The high casualty & the slow sealion progress made up his mind to give it up . It just like Mr Plaid mentioned above that Axis is difficult to recover from even a sucessful sealion with high casualties . Max is a master who is able to judge the situation by farsighted evaluation . Although I felt little disappointed ,I do respect his choice ! Maybe If Axis could take London last turn , Max would continiue his try for more turns . But he had a bad luck with it .

However , thanks Max ! Good luck Supermax ! :)

tactical22
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by tactical22 »

What a great game from two giants! I´d love to see another game since we all learn a lot from both masters!!!

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”