My first PBEM.

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

GogTheMild
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

My first PBEM.

Post by GogTheMild »

I have recently finished my first PBEM. (Versus Giovanni.) I played the Axis and suffered a crushing defeat. Actually I managed to squeak a mere Major Axis Defeat when my doughty Italians hung on for 6 turns after the fall of Hamburg to July ’44 before Taranto was overrun by a Russian amphibious force. The defenders of Venice having fought the overland attackers to a bloody draw. In spite of the pleas of Il Duce the Italian Garrisons of Paris and London declined to fight on alone.

Actually I was a bit miffed – I got a Major Defeat whilst controlling 3 major capitals. Anyway, skimming the other AARs I got the impression that this was a bit non-standard and so I thought that a few screen shots might amuse you. This was on 2.0.

The butcher's bill:

That’s a lot of dead Italians.

Screen shots courtesy of Giovanni shortly before he mopped me up. The main front:

Venetia:

London and Paris. Russian armour attacking London has been reduced to 2, with help from the Italian fleet. Russians assaulting Norwich have suddenly found themselves out of supply. Now I will never know how my planned counter attacks would have worked out. Note the in-supply German partisan optimistically attacking towards Nuremburg.

Minor features. All quiet in Finland:

So we had been using the Finns to defend the Fatherland:

The Russians had finally smashed their way across the Suez Canal:

We are currently having a rematch.
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
Giovanni705
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: My first PBEM.

Post by Giovanni705 »

Just for the records, He is a very nice opponent and a great sport, beside the fact that he has already beaten me 2.5 times ... more or less!
Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 »

Russians in England liberating London, strange game...but fun to see something new :)
GogTheMild

Post by GogTheMild »

Please! Russians failing to liberate London :D . It was certainly a fun game.

With hindsight I may have over committed in the west. 20 UK and US ships sunk and the Italian fleet roving the English Channel with impunity in 1944. But it left me fatally under resourced in the East. Hopefully a lesson learned.
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”