The AAR of Dyle plan(Peterjfrigate Axis vs Morris Allies)

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: The AAR of Dyle plan(Peterjfrigate Axis vs Morris Allies

Post by Morris »

Nov 19th 1943

Finally , we took Berlin ,but since winter is coming ,it still need several turn to take Humburg .

Romania surrender & change side (no one change side since they were all killed.)

In UK ,Axis retreat all their troops but a Minor Gar in London .

In Africa , We came back Topruk .

Berlin :

Hungary & Romania

UK

Lybia

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Dec 9th 1943 winter

nothing special but Hungary out .

Around Humburg

central Europe

Lybia

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Dec 29th 1943 winter

normal progress & we finally arrive suburb of Humburg , Also we start to prepare for Italy campaign .

Humburg

Balkan

UK

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Jan 18th 1944

Humburg is still alive . we start to bomb Rome .

Humburg

Balkan

Cybvep
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Cybvep »

This is it. He managed to survive until 1944 after all :).
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Cybvep wrote:This is it. He managed to survive until 1944 after all :).
Yes , Axis already tried their best . But it is still more than a year to achive an even .
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

Nah, this is hopeless. Peter won't achieve much more, the Axis will be dead in the matter of several turns. Maybe he can delay it until July/August, but he won't last until December.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Cybvep wrote:Nah, this is hopeless. Peter won't achieve much more, the Axis will be dead in the matter of several turns. Maybe he can delay it until July/August, but he won't last until December.
without Germany Italy would not last more than 5 turns .

BTW , do you think it is reasonable that Italy will still fight after Germany surrender ?( although Allies already has the advantage ) :)
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

BTW , do you think it is reasonable that Italy will still fight after Germany surrender ?( although Allies already has the advantage )
You mean, IRL? They would probably sign an armistice when Germany surrendered, as their situation would become hopeless and Italian morale during the war was never as high as German morale, nor was the Italian leadership as fanatical as the German one. However, for game purposes, changing this would be a bad idea, since Italy could be effectively ignored and the game would get easier for the Allies, considering the in-game VCs. One might wonder whether the western Allies would sign an armistice with Germany after the potential fall of the Soviet Union, too, but considering the VCs and game balance, any changes in that area would be bad for the game. CEAW's politics is static and created with semi-historical gameplay in mind. Changing this without changing the whole game structure is probably impossible.

Moreover, as far as ahistorical outcomes are concerned, we can give the game the benefit of the doubt and just pick what's best for gameplay. Changing history for the sake of gameplay is one thing, but you cannot really change sth which never happened. We can make an educated guess at best in case of alternative history, anyway.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Cybvep wrote:
BTW , do you think it is reasonable that Italy will still fight after Germany surrender ?( although Allies already has the advantage )
You mean, IRL? They would probably sign an armistice when Germany surrendered, as their situation would become hopeless and Italian morale during the war was never as high as German morale, nor was the Italian leadership as fanatical as the German one. However, for game purposes, changing this would be a bad idea, since Italy could be effectively ignored and the game would get easier for the Allies, considering the in-game VCs. One might wonder whether the western Allies would sign an armistice with Germany after the potential fall of the Soviet Union, too, but considering the VCs and game balance, any changes in that area would be bad for the game. CEAW's politics is static and created with semi-historical gameplay in mind. Changing this without changing the whole game structure is probably impossible.

Moreover, as far as ahistorical outcomes are concerned, we can give the game the benefit of the doubt and just pick what's best for gameplay. Changing history for the sake of gameplay is one thing, but you cannot really change sth which never happened. We can make an educated guess at best in case of alternative history, anyway.
I agree . Anyway , It doesn't effect game going verymuch . :)
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Feb 7th 1944

Germany surrender . Go to Italy !

Humburg

Balkan

Italy

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Feb 27th 1944

we concentrate all bombers to bomb Italy .
London is liberated .

Mean while we prepare to land all around Italy .

Bomb group

Italy

UK

Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 »

Strange game, so does all unconquered pps fall to italy then?
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Crazygunner1 wrote:Strange game, so does all unconquered pps fall to italy then?
Yes , but Italy did not have much time to spend it .
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Mar 18th 1944

I still remember My bad experience of lost Italy by a rail station (no one Allies soldier in Italy ,only a partisan in a railstation) . & now Germany surrendered , four Italy mainland cities fall , thousands of Allies bombers in the sky .. Italy is quite hopeless ! But Italy still fight ! Do you think it is funny ! :lol:

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Apr 7th 1944

Game over

Great Thanks for Peter's gentleness to give me chance to show everyone a whole story ! :D

Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

Peter got trashed early on, but he showed good defensive skill in the late-game. Don't know how fun the game was for him, though.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Cybvep wrote:Peter got trashed early on, but he showed good defensive skill in the late-game. Don't know how fun the game was for him, though.
Yes , it is really a miserable time for Peter . But I do respect the one who continue to play the game to his bitter end (who has known about the result long time before the end ).

Thanks Peter again ! :)
Giovanni705
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Giovanni705 »

Thanks for the great read, I liked it a lot! You elite players are really making this game much better for an average one like myself in many, many ways. That said I have a small observation about the proper etiquette of playing to the very end of lost games. Of course in a AAR like this one for us readers it is much better, but I really do not understand the trasching of players who, nicely, surrender and concede defeat. Ok, if you only play Axis and quit if things are not going well it is not nice, but for regular opponents it really makes no sense to play if one side is not having fun for many turns. Just my 2 cents ...
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

Of course in a AAR like this one for us readers it is much better, but I really do not understand the trasching of players who, nicely, surrender and concede defeat. Ok, if you only play Axis and quit if things are not going well it is not nice, but for regular opponents it really makes no sense to play if one side is not having fun for many turns. Just my 2 cents ...
I agree. I don't see anything wrong with surrendering as long as both sides accept it. If it's really an issue, it should be sorted out at the game's start.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”