Gmothes vs Plaid 2.0 AAR

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Plaid
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Plaid »

Allied turn 47 - 9 March 1942

In USSR soviet armies fall back to their old positions.

In Lybia british almost taken Tobruk from weak defenders. City expected to fall next turn. German forces try to escape (?) Lybia by land, and sail away from Tripoli, I guess. But in no way they can be faster then my RN, ports will be blocked!

Some ASW duty in Atlantic, where german subs suffer further casualties.

Plaid

Post by Plaid »

Allied turn 48 - 29 March 1942

More of the same on all fronts :

In USSR retreat almost over, soviet troops ready to face german offencive, if any happens.

In Lybia Tobruk falls and Bengazi will soon, probably. BB unit destroyed in captured port, leaving Italian navy with lonely DD squadron.

USA transports entered MED this turn. I pay most of USA income every turn to keep them afloat, but it will be worthy.
Plaid

Post by Plaid »

Allied turn 49 - 18 April 1942

In USSR its still winter, so nothing special to report. Some air combat, we score some hits on non-sentry german fighter, but thats all.

Interesting things are now happening in MED, where Bengazi falls and USA invasion fleet arrived.

There is 2 options we have :

a) Land on Sicily right now.

Italians have weak defences, we will easily capture 2 Italian surrender cities almost for sure.

After Sicily secured we can still do Torch and capture Tunis in 1-2 turns, and axis can't do anything with it.

b) Do Torch.

It will give axis southern French production, bundle of free garrisons, and also will be a huge warning to start reinforcing Sicily and Italy.

So to minimise our trouble with knocking Italy out of the war we will go for option a) and launch Husky next turn.
Plaid

Post by Plaid »

Allied turn 50 - 8th May 1942

Husky is here!

I am pretty sure that this overwhelming american force will leave italians no chance to hold Sicily. Also I am landing some british commando force to cut off rail connection between Reggion and rest of Italy, and prevent additional reinforcenets being deployed for Sicily.

In Lybia looks like elite german troops are taking a stand, and I see no reason to attack them and take major casualties. We better land some troops near Tripoli and leave them with no supply in desert, if needed.

In USSR fair weather arrives finally, but looks like germans are not willing to attack our lines. But we will see...

Spare soviet PPs were used to build additional airforce.
Plaid

Post by Plaid »

Allied turn 51 - 28 May 1942

Husky started succesfully, US marines land on beaches of Sicily, followed by other troops. We already have several corps on the shore, including Dever's HQ and armour. Next turn we are plannign to land USAAF formations on the south of island, if our land troops will secure it.

Commandos also landed well, it will take axis time to do something with them.

British 8th army rest and refit near Bengazi. After all repairs and upgrades done they will receive new orders.

In USSR looks like germans switched on defence already. No sign of attack. Still we stand our ground and produce tons of armaments.

Anyway need some upgrades (mostly to tanks) to launch our own offencive, if germans would not...
rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by rkr1958 »

After you take Messina and Palermo then all you need is to take Tunis and Italy is out of the game. Do you have two spare US infantry corps in the area for the task?
Plaid

Post by Plaid »

rkr1958 wrote:After you take Messina and Palermo then all you need is to take Tunis and Italy is out of the game. Do you have two spare US infantry corps in the area for the task?
All availiable US army now fight on Sicily. Closest spare unit is in USA mainland.

But I have plenty of UK troops doing nothing around Bengazi and Tobruk.
Last edited by Plaid on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plaid

Post by Plaid »

Allied turn 52 - 17 June 1942

Transport trail spotted from Tripoli - italian armour unit escaped northern africa.

But rest of axis forces will not, I hope. Port is blocked now by allied navy.

Also good progress on Sicily, where Palermo falls to US army.

In USSR we launch probing attack against some romanians on the south, destroying 1 corps and damaging hard another. Since axis already have thin single line in USSR, it may be challenge for them to find reserves for this.

But to start major offencive we wait for many good upgrades - and they are coming soon.

Plaid

Post by Plaid »

Allied turn 53 - 7 July 1942

In the MED last unit of italian navy sunk, trying to break through Tripoli blockade.

Also we made some advance on Sicily, Messina will fall in 1-2 turns.
British transports sent to Tunis and Tripoli, for now just to check.

In USSR local fighting continues, I lost my forward infantry, but destroyed another romanian corps.

Airpower deployed for area, in a couple of turns we strike here, with upgrades or without them. Looks like I have huge numeric superiority on the east and can take some casualties.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”