The Program

Forum for the discussion of the new Spike TV show that Slitherine worked on with Morningstar Entertainment.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

pvt900
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by pvt900 »

Do You Think Slitherine Can Make a Miniature Version Of it Like Accounting For Things likes Strength, Agility , Intelligence And etc Like you but it it comes with Several Set Units like Roman Centurions , Somalian Pirates , Medieval Knights , People like That And a Make Your Own Who has Changeable Stats armor weapons Armor colors etc it would be a Good Idea a Little Small Ideal For example

I Make a Character Who looks like a Spartan But His Name is Juggernaut with Max Stats and Abilitys And i hav ea 1 vs 25 1 Jugg vs 25 Roman Centurions In a Battle Depending on His Stats Are his abilities and how he Doies in Combat

Strength Determines How hard he hits and how much Trauma and Damage he can Take before Dieing

Agility Determines how fast he moves and how fast he strikes with his weapon and how long he can run

Intelligence how he Does combat will he see his enemy and sneak attack or if its low will he charge in and die really Quick

all based on a Scale of 1-100 1 the lowest 100 the highest My Idea is Good So Think it OVER :?:
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

You can mod our existing games to do this but it is not something we are planning.
pvt900

Post by pvt900 »

I live in the US So i cant buy your games
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes you can - we ship worldwide and digital downloads can be purchased anywhere. The only limit is that console games like PS2, Wii, DSi, PS3 and X360 are region coded, but none of the other formats are so will work anywhere.
pvt900

Post by pvt900 »

ooohh.. But Then Also Idk how to MoD A Game and i Don't HAv ethe Tools or Programs
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

You don't need any tools - we give you everything we used to create the game inside the game. Mostly its text files with data tables that you can edit. It's not easy but it lets you do all sorts of stuff.
pvt900

Post by pvt900 »

Yeah But I Am Someone Who HAs Never Made a Mod but ive Added Plenty to my games mostly auto installer Ones but i am smart when it overwriting
opopo

The program

Post by opopo »

How can we know the program is real? i mean realy if there was a program, woudnt they want to sell it? and 2 how can a computer program look so real and generate blood, control cameras or generate flesh. 3 wouldnt the admin be included on the show instead of a guy who dosent work for the company and is aparently the "only one" who knows how to control it like a god. 4 this is overated how they wont sell people this so called "program" if it is real?

think about it!

P.S. 5 Why so Private?!?!?

Cant wait to see Slitherline in the credits of the deadliest warrior movie!

:roll:
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The engine is used to generate the combat results not the graphics. They then use those results to recreate the battle using filming & special effects.
opopo

Post by opopo »

still dosent answer if its real!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

What would answer your question? Our games obviously contain combat modelling code, and specifically melee combat for some, and this is what is being used. It's really that simple.

Cheers

Pip
eldiablito
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Bah! I hated the show!

Post by eldiablito »

So, I feel suckered into this show because of Slitherine's name and because my buddies told me about it.

Overall, I feel cheated. The greatest value of the show lies in the 1-2 minute simulations of the ancient weapons against ballistic jelly. So, that was great , but I have 4 issues that make this show a better use of YouTube and not a full hour show:

1) The show is arbitrary in analyzing the effect of a particular weapon against an opponent's armor. In one episode, they test an arrow against the padded armor of an Aztec warrior, but they don't do it consistently enough. Also, the hosts frequently ignore HOW a particular piece of armor was used. As an example of how this show ignores the value of ancient armor; We, fans of historical warfare, would know of the Roman, testudo formation. Likewise, the Romans fought against opponents who used 2-handed swords (Daciens). So, given that the Dacien Falx was better designed to get around a Roman shield, why would the hosts of this show ignore that value when compared to the Rajput's 2-handed sword? To continue the argument, Spartans and Romans fought in teams, not one-on-one. So, when you look at a Spartan hoplite or Roman soldier, you are ignoring how they interlocked their shields to protect each other, not just themselves. Sometimes the hosts would include armor into their decision, sometimes they would ignore it.

2) The show ignores how weapons (and sometimes overlooks quintessential weapons of the era) were actually used in warfare. Case in point, Alexander the Great was a fan of his cavalry, but he lived and won BECAUSE of his phalanx. So, if you are studying a Macedonian, why would you ignore the pike blocks of Greek phalangites? Also, when the show analyzed some soldiers, they would study a soldier by the combination of a shield and sword combination, but not consistently. For example, the gladiator was analyzed for his net and trident, but the Roman gladius was studied without his shield. Also, some soldiers had access to the same weapon, but the hosts wouldn't give them credit. Nearly every group of people had access to bows, but most people were forced to rely on their, "more exotic", ranged weapons. This regularly unbalanced the analysis.

3) Some weapons, were dismissed for their lack of lethal value, but inconsistently. Case in point, the Zulu poison was given credit for how you could distract, but not kill the enemy. At the same time, broken glass and shuriken from the ninja was completely dismissed for the same reasons?

4) Horses were frequently ignored. However, many of the compared soldiers denied their steed; for example, the knight was denied his mount and lance for the entire simulation.

Honestly, the simulation software could be great; I for one, am interested. However, the poor quality of historical study discredits the show and (unfortunately), Slitherine's good name.
idill5

Re: The Program

Post by idill5 »

Do you think that the program will ever be offered to the public :?: :?: :?: :?:
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The program is a modified version of the Great Battles Medieval engine so the closest and only thing that is available is Great Battles Medieval.
liliput

Post by liliput »

hallo..........
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Was this show canceled? Don't see on spike anymore (same can be said for a 1000 ways to die, but TRUST me when I say I don't exactly miss it)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

No idea to be honest - our involvement was only in the first series or 2 so finished long long ago!

Return to “Deadliest Warrior on Spike TV”