Deadliest Warrior on Spike TV

Forum for the discussion of the new Spike TV show that Slitherine worked on with Morningstar Entertainment.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Deadliest Warrior on Spike TV

Post by IainMcNeil »

Deadliest Warrior is an exciting new series on Spike TV in the US, created by Morningstar Entertainment and using detailed combat simulations created by Slitherine to predict the outcome of all sorts of a series of anachronistic match ups.

Each week on Deadliest Warrior, a new episode will pit two of the most feared warriors civilization has ever known against each other. Along with the use of 21st century science and the latest in CGI technology, each episode enlists warrior-specific world-class fighters and experts to provide insight into what makes these combatants tick, analyzing every facet of their unique skills of destruction, culminating in a head-to-head final fight between two legends of the battlefield that will produce the deadliest warrior. Other highly-anticipated showdowns this season include: Pirate vs. Knight, Taliban vs. IRA, Yakuza vs. Mafia, Viking vs. Samurai, Green Beret vs. Spetznaz, Maori vs. Shaolin Monks, William Wallace vs. Shaka Zulu and Ninja vs. Spartan.

http://www.spike.com/show/31082

We've had a number of mails from people who want to buy the simulation created for the show. While we can't do that we can tell you it came from the combat model created for Great Battles of Rome on PC, PS2 and PSP. If you want to purchase this game you can do so here - http://www.slitherine.com/games/thcgbor_pc

Feel free to post links to articles or discussions about the show in this forum!
robhiengler
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Software

Post by robhiengler »

The reason why your software can't be purchased is because it doesn't exists.

Anyone with half a brain can see that all it is is some MS excel spreadsheets with bollocks data and a so called software geek called "Grieger" BS-ing about inputting data and tweaking or custom stuff - I'd rather have my snake oil thanks!

Come-on at least post some decent info on this so called "software".
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

They make use of the combat modelling code that we use to simulate our melee combat. It can't be purchased because (not surprisingly) there isn't a wider market for source code which runs from data sets. We can't comment on how they make use of it, just that they do.

Hopefully that answers your questions.

Pip
Rosemarry

Post by Rosemarry »

Deadliest Warrior is a television program in which information on historical or modern warriors and their weapons are used to determine which of them is the "deadliest" based upon tests performed during each episode. The show is characterized by its use of the data compiled in creating a dramatization of the warriors' battle to the death.
000-081 and 000-083 exam guide 000-085
jdm
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by jdm »

We could just kill the guys, that would work!!

JDM
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

You're entitled to your opinions :)

The program uses customized software developer for one of our game engines that simulates battles. The closest game we have to teh software they use is Great Battles Medieval which is available from our online store.
Porter321

Post by Porter321 »

Thanks for you information i newly join and your post help me.
000-200 and 000-201 exam questions 000-330
jdm
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by jdm »

Hi and welcome to our forums

JDM
devin hill

Re: Deadliest Warrior on Spike TV

Post by devin hill »

Love this show. Have the game and DVDs. U said the closest simulation "teh" software is in great battles medieval. I love that game too, bought it on Google play and bought all the inn app purchases. Its a fun game. The only game that's better is that legion classic game which I hope comes out on android.
devin hill

Re: Deadliest Warrior on Spike TV

Post by devin hill »

My favorite deadliest warrior episode was when the Alexander the great took on Atilla the Hun. Great fight and a shocker for me. I was sure Alexander would dominate him

Return to “Deadliest Warrior on Spike TV”