1.3 has wrong app icon?

Tech support for Conquest - requires forum registration.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

mysticfm
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

1.3 has wrong app icon?

Post by mysticfm »

After I installed the 1.3 update to Conquest on my retina iPad, the app's icon changed to a simple blue on white icon that looks a bit like a frying pan, with the word "Marmalade" on it. (The text below the icon still says "Conquest".) So I deleted the app entirely and reinstalled it afresh from the app store. During the installation process it appears to have the normal Conquest icon, but the moment the installation completes, the icon changes to the same "Marmalade" icon again. What in the world is going on?

(No, my device is not jailbroken, and I don't have any other app installed called "Marmalade" or using that icon.)

Thanks for any assistance.
mysticfm
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: 1.3 has wrong app icon?

Post by mysticfm »

One more thing: the same thing did NOT happen when I updated the app on my iPhone 4S … it, at least, has the proper icon.
mysticfm
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mysticfm »

The offending icon is from the Marmalade SDK (www.madewithmarmalade.com). I bet this SDK gets used in the development of Conquest, doesn't it? :)
advdpfan
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by advdpfan »

I noticed the same thing and posted earlier in a different thread as I didn't notice this forum at the time. I have another app that has the same icon but never thought about it until the new update of Conflict! when I suddenly had two apps with the same icon. Since I had the proper icon on my iPad 1 and only see this one on the iPad 3 I asked Apple support. After a bit of digging they decided that Conflict! and my other app are both missing retina level icons and the Marmalade toolset is defaulting to their own on the iPad 3. They said I would have to get the developers to fix their apps which I why I came looking for contact info and ended up here. :)
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

If it's only appearing wrong on certain devices, could be an issue with the marmalade SDK.. I'll look into it of course, but it's not a serious issue since it's simply the wrong icon appearing. If as you say it's missing retina icons, it should at least be simple to fix.
advdpfan

Post by advdpfan »

That is what the Apple tech support people that looked at my iPad reported after talking to the Marmalade people. At least they claimed they talked to them. Anyway, no it isn't a big problem, except on my system I have more than one app that seems to be using the Marmalade SDK with the same issue. Thus I have more than one app with the same icon, have to look close to tell which is which. :)

Thanks.

Return to “Conquest! : Tech Support”