FoG:AM v3 Lost Lists

An unofficial forum for people to discuss potential new lists and amendments. Note this is not about picking armies from existing lists, it is about creating lists for armies that do not exist or suggesting changes to those that do.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: FoG:AM v3 Lost Lists

Post by nikgaukroger »

Intothevalley wrote: Thanks for the clarification, really useful - sorry to keep on but do you have an idea what is done with v1 lists that have compulsory poor troops - are the numbers kept the same, or is the minima/maxima reduced - I'm thinking about the Early Zhou list but I think this situation might apply to a few others as well. Should previously poor troops be changed to average?
Compulsory Poor troops are quite rare, but there is one other case I can think of off the top of my head - Three Kingdoms, etc. that will appear in Book 2. That was fairly simple as it has a chunk of Average troops in the Core Troops section that were not compulsory so a reasonable minimum was added to them. Same could be applied to the Zhou, possibly increasing the number of Average infantry allowed. Making sure the compulsory Poor are in BGs with an 8 base minimum helps with filler issues.
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk
RobKhan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by RobKhan »

Hi Nik,

The list looks interesting, but sadly "lost". Do you really mean that the core troop MF can throw javelins? Usually in FoG (I haven't seen 3 yet) only LF and LH shoot with Javelins. But you are consistent with this in ht eAllies list too.
If we allow MF to throw javelins, in V2 they cannot use second rank dice and no Impact shooting.

Cheers
Rob
"Merry it was to laugh there
Where death becomes absurd and life absurder.
For power was on us as we slashed bones bare.
Not to feel sickness or remorse of murder." Wilfred Owen 1893-1918.
nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger »

RobKhan wrote:Hi Nik,

The list looks interesting, but sadly "lost". Do you really mean that the core troop MF can throw javelins? Usually in FoG (I haven't seen 3 yet) only LF and LH shoot with Javelins. But you are consistent with this in ht eAllies list too.
If we allow MF to throw javelins, in V2 they cannot use second rank dice and no Impact shooting.

Cheers
Rob

In the original lists there are quite a few MF in "Blood and Gold" with the Javelins shooting capability so it has been there from the start of FoG:AM - although it was only really considered when B&G was being done. Quite a few have been added to the new lists to MF who only has the Light Spear capability (but not all).

Shooting for MF with the javelins capability was 1 dice per 2 bases IIRC - I assume it is the same in v3.

Certainly no Impact phase support shooting and that was never intended or desired - again, as far as I know that hasn't changed.
Nik Gaukroger

Intothevalley
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Intothevalley »

nikgaukroger wrote:Same could be applied to the Zhou, possibly increasing the number of Average infantry allowed. Making sure the compulsory Poor are in BGs with an 8 base minimum helps with filler issues.
So at the moment for the Eastern Zhou there are 12-64 bases of dagger-axe men and supporting archers, of which 0-24 are average drilled (with the option to be armoured) and 8-48 poor undrilled. Would it be reasonable to change this to:

1) 8-48 average drilled and 0-24 poor undrilled OR
2) 0-24 average drilled, 8-48 average undrilled, 0-24 poor undrilled OR
3) 0-24 average drilled, 8-48 poor undrilled, 0-24 average undrilled.

Or would some other combination be more appropriate?

Many thanks for your continued input!
nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger »

Intothevalley wrote:
nikgaukroger wrote:Same could be applied to the Zhou, possibly increasing the number of Average infantry allowed. Making sure the compulsory Poor are in BGs with an 8 base minimum helps with filler issues.
So at the moment for the Eastern Zhou there are 12-64 bases of dagger-axe men and supporting archers, of which 0-24 are average drilled (with the option to be armoured) and 8-48 poor undrilled. Would it be reasonable to change this to:

1) 8-48 average drilled and 0-24 poor undrilled OR
2) 0-24 average drilled, 8-48 average undrilled, 0-24 poor undrilled OR
3) 0-24 average drilled, 8-48 poor undrilled, 0-24 average undrilled.

Or would some other combination be more appropriate?

Many thanks for your continued input!
I'll knock out a "what I would have drafted" version tonight - probably the easiest way to explain :mrgreen:
Nik Gaukroger

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger »

I'd have drafted something along these lines.

Nik Gaukroger

Intothevalley
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Intothevalley »

Thanks very much for this Nik, the amendments seem to make sense and might persuade my local opponents to allow me to use this unofficial list!
abivor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by abivor »

Hi Nik
This thread is starting to fill those unfortunate holes..... I'm glad you have done the Neo Babylonians. Any chance for the earlier Babylonian armies? Hammurabi maybe, or the Kassites, or all those rebellions against the Assyrians?
Also, is there a rule of thumb one could use to expand up an 'allies only' list to a full list?
Keep up the good work!

Nigel Phillips
nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger »

abivor wrote:Hi Nik
This thread is starting to fill those unfortunate holes..... I'm glad you have done the Neo Babylonians. Any chance for the earlier Babylonian armies? Hammurabi maybe, or the Kassites, or all those rebellions against the Assyrians?
Remind me which lists these were originally. In Lost Scrolls?

Also, is there a rule of thumb one could use to expand up an 'allies only' list to a full list?
Not really I'm afraid.
Nik Gaukroger

abivor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by abivor »

Hi Nik
I’m banging on about Babylon because for centuries it seems to me it was the power around which all others revolved, especially Assyria.
In the previous FoG lists the early Babylonian state, famously that of Hammurabi, was in Lost Scrolls being one form of the Amorite Kingdoms list. Shockingly the Kassites didn’t get a list despite their centuries of domination of Mesopotamia. In some ways the repeated revolts against Assyria could be seen as Kassite successors eventually developing into Neo Babylonians. You have to go back to DBM book 1 list 21 to get a list.

Thanks

Nigel
nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger »

Well I think the Amorite would be something like this:

Lists for external allies might need doing.
Nik Gaukroger

abivor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by abivor »

Somewhere in central Iraq the ghost of Hammurabi smiles
player
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by player »

Why is it only this list that has Mob with a minimum of 10 bases whereas every other list that includes Mob has 8-12 bases. Obviously an another error in this list which is not consistent.

Return to “Player Designed Lists”