Difficulty too low

iOS/Android/PC General Discussion Forum for Conquest! Medieval Realms a turn-based puzzle/strategy game for up to 8 players.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Skanvak
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Difficulty too low

Post by Skanvak »

I am playing on an android tablet so I play only againt the AI. I have put the AI at maximum. Even doing that the AI is not able to play correctly. I use always the strategy that garanty me a sure win. Only on very difficult map were I starting position is very poor I have some difficulty putting the strategy in place, but once done it is a sure win. I don’t understand why the AI cannot use this strategy

My strategy is simple : I build fortress (strength 2) from the start then develop the economy around the fortress. The AI never build economic improvement and build fortress too late. At the start the AI avoid my fortress so I survive very well. It is only when they have huge territory that the build level 3 units they can barely support which make disposing of them by cutting territory in half way too easy.

My strategy can be easily programmed which would make for a good AI.

I hope some improvement will be done otherwise the game is no challenge...
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Difficulty too low

Post by IainMcNeil »

The AI rarely builds them because when it did the game became quite dull. Maybe we should look at adding them back in.
Skanvak

Re: Difficulty too low

Post by Skanvak »

Thank. You for reading.

Well, it is not only the fortress, it is too the economic tile. They don't develop there economy so when they build a level 3 unit they can barely support it, whereas with lot of economic tile you can easily support them with average territory.

My idea so that the game is not too dull or hard for beginner, would be to make the fortress AI optional or that only a random number of them use this strategy.

Normally the AI should be nearly unbeatable on highest level on a game like this one (there is a theorem in game theory that such game has a winning strategy).

Best regards.

Return to “Conquest!”