Campaign in Conquest Android version

iOS/Android/PC General Discussion Forum for Conquest! Medieval Realms a turn-based puzzle/strategy game for up to 8 players.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Tschemo
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Campaign in Conquest Android version

Post by Tschemo »

Hi guys,
I was looking at the Conquest game quite for some time and after obtaining a new tablet (Samsung Note 10.1) it was a no-brainer. However I have to admit that I am a little disappointed about the campaign as it seems chaotic to me. There is no story behind the different maps and even when I win the battle there is nothing changed. You have the story (at least it seems so) in the PC version so why you have omitted it in the Android one? I can see the flags for the each map in the Campaign but even after the win the flag does not change. Is it a bug or normal? I have played for example the Map 1 from the "Conquest" (Map Difficulty 2) and won. All I can see however is that I have played it once but I have 0 in Games Won.

Also I have seen in the stats that there are Challenges. Sadly I haven´t seen this option in the game so please explain what does it mean?
If there is anything I can do to help create a campaign (e.g. convert the PC one for Android game) in the game please let me know. Without it the playability and fun is quite low and so is my rating.

Thanks in advance for the answers and help. :)
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Re: Campaign in Conquest Android version

Post by Jekky »

The lack of a story for the mobile versions of conquest was intentional, the text-heavy format just wouldn't work well on mobile platforms - you may be on a tablet, but bear in mind that the mobile version supports smaller devices too, and generally (though admittedly not always, but we have to consider the general case) people don't play mobile games for plot, they play them for a quick 5-minute fix, which is what we were targeting.

Regarding the flags and maps, it is possible that there may be some bugs in the stats recording, though it was pretty well tested - is it possible that you may be on an outdated version of the game? In any case, i'll look into it and see if there is a problem.

The text you refer to is a mistake, and should in fact read "conquest maps won".

I'm sorry that you don't enjoy the mobile version of the game, but as I have said it is aimed at a different target audience, and we changed some of the game systems accordingly (though the basic gameplay is the same on all platforms).
Tschemo

Post by Tschemo »

Thanks Jekky for the explanation. It might be true that I am not the target audience as I prefer more hardcore strategy games (as for example your Panzer Corps). Still I think that the campaign would be good also for the others. It does not have to be complicated one (e.g. text heavy), but might be simply some maps linked together with a story behind. :) I know that you are not going to change this for Conquest but who knows, maybe there might be a DLC for the game.

PS: I have restarted the tablet (after system upgrade) and also the stats in my game and the problem with the flags is now solved. So no need to investigate any further.
SWHodges22

Post by SWHodges22 »

Just a vote for some serious wargaming on tablets. More and more I use and prefer my tablet over the PC.

Return to “Conquest!”