multiplayer game??

iOS/Android/PC General Discussion Forum for Conquest! Medieval Realms a turn-based puzzle/strategy game for up to 8 players.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Pans
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

multiplayer game??

Post by Pans »

I have bought Conquest! from Matrix and was never able to enter the lobby for a multiplayer game.
I opened 2300 TCP and 2301 UDP and PortChecker told me everthing is ok - but no chance to get it running.

any help is welcome

Andreas
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

Sorry to hear that it still isn't working correctly - perhaps someone from Slitherine can shed light on this problem, since the lobby is their system.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The lobby doesn't actually need any ports opened anyway. Can you detail exactly what happens when you press which buttons etc.

Cheers

Pip
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

Our implementation of it does require ports to be open to allow direct communication between players (chat messages mainly). That said, connecting should work so long as outgoing traffic is permitted on port 80 (which it should be for the most part so long as the application has been given permission on the firewall - routers generally will not block outgoing connections).
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes - even with the ports open any software firewall will still block communication from the game if it doesn't have permission.

Cheers

Pip
Pans

Post by Pans »

when I tried a multiplayer game over internet a message box appeared "there was an error connection to the online lobby"

whatever I tried it always shows the same info - it´s a bit frustrating, isn´t it?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

It is probably a software firewall that is causing the issues. If you can give the game permissions then you should be able to play.

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Conquest!”