A minor mod that I think has potential

iOS/Android/PC General Discussion Forum for Conquest! Medieval Realms a turn-based puzzle/strategy game for up to 8 players.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Darth_Teddy_Bear
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

A minor mod that I think has potential

Post by Darth_Teddy_Bear »

I have been playing with the demo and can see great a great game in Conquest but as noted in another thread just missed the mark for me on some points for me to buy in at the current pricing.

I did some poking around to see if some of these issues might be addressed i.e. modded, looks like they cannot.

I did however play around with the buildings.xml file and was able to add a maintenance cost to the tower and the castle which shows up simply as a reduction in land revenue and make them so they could be captured. As I do not have the full game I cannot tell how this would work in the larger maps, but I think it has potential.

Another idea I toyed with was making it so markets could be only built on the plains. I like this idea as it makes certain areas of the map more valuable and will I think add more strategy to your expansions because not every tile is a great tile.
The same restriction can be done to the castle.

I also saw a much more active AI when I added income to the town. Several towns of the AI that were previously dormant came to life.

So what is the policy regarding mods and mod ideas?
Cheers,

Darth Teddy Bear
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're happy for people to mod and pass them round, but it would be best to mod the full game as the demo is not fully featured and your mod would not work for users of the full game.

We even host mods if they are good :)
dan_hnnng
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re:

Post by dan_hnnng »

iainmcneil wrote:We're happy for people to mod and pass them round, but it would be best to mod the full game as the demo is not fully featured and your mod would not work for users of the full game.

We even host mods if they are good :)
Is this game highly moddable like Panzer Corps ?

Return to “Conquest!”