My Orc General

This is a forum for discussing the use of the Field of Glory gaming system to play fantasy battles. This is not an official product! yet ;)

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core

MatthewB
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

My Orc General

Post by MatthewB »

And another shot, when it was still in-progress, with some of the Goblin Shields

I should have some shots of my own Goblins soon (I have about 200 of the Thunderbolt Mountain Goblins/Orcs - although I need some more Command Figures, Tom Meier only made one set, and I like to have a little more variety).... I do have some old Ral Partha castings of their Lesser Goblin Command Group (and about 80 of their Lesser Goblins I am using in this army as well, as an Allied Command - They are going to be the Poor, Protected, Undrilled, Medium Foot - can't decide if they should have any capabilities or not.... I think not, and 1 BG of 8 Average, Armored, Undrilled, Heavy Foot - Heavy Weapons). I'd like to find some more of these.

I also have some of the Goblin-Imp wolf-riders that Tom did in the 80s to put with the larger Wolf-Riders he did for Thunderbolt Mountain. They will be the smaller wolf-riders who Tolkien describes as rushing beneath the horses of the Rohirrim and slashing at the bellies of the horses.

I wish that I could still paint like I did when I was younger (both in terms of quality and quantity). I used to be able to turn out whole units of Show-Quality miniatures overnight. Now it takes me weeks just to finish one base of miniatures that are not as well done. Pity because the Thunderbolt Mountain Goblins and Elves are some of the best in the world.

MB
davekhan
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: My Orc General

Post by davekhan »

Very nice painting keep up the good work ..

happy painting davekhan
MatthewB
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: My Orc General

Post by MatthewB »

I've got some Orc Infantry that is almost finished (It's technically finished enough to play with, but the bases are not finished, and there are a few details on the figures that need to be finished).

I'll post it as soon as I get them finished (they are going to be packed up to move after that - my elves already are, or I would have posted some photos of them - Thunderbolt Mountain High-Elves and Wood-Elves).

MB

Return to “Field of Glory : Swords & Sorcery : General Discussion”