Giving a push to some popular miniature manufacturers

This is a forum for discussing the use of the Field of Glory gaming system to play fantasy battles. This is not an official product! yet ;)

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core

MatthewB
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Giving a push to some popular miniature manufacturers

Post by MatthewB »

So, it will probably be a while before someone else decides to check on this, but...

Some of the recent Kickstarter successes* in the gaming industry got me to thinking.

So... Everyone I know who does Fantasy miniatures would like to see both of the following:

1) Thunderbolt Mountain's Tom Meier get to work on finishing the Goblins and Elves, and then giving us some faux-Rohirrim and Gondorians...

And then getting to work on Dale, Dwarves, Easterlings, Haradrim, Mûmakil, etc.

If we could convince him that a kickstarter project would raise more than enough money to get him the time to make these models, I am sure he would. I know that I am prepared to put at least $1,000 toward such a cause.

2) For those who like 15mm, Khurasan, and other companies (Eureka) have produced some not bad stuff. To have them fill out their 15mm lines (and to find a sculptor who can do Elves in 15mm. Most of the lines of ElvesI have seen SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED) to produce some more Orcs/Goblins, and some better troops for other Fantasy genres would be great as well.

As a Middle-earth fanatic, I would like to see better lines for the various forces of Middle-earth that is not just using currently available historic lines.

And, then there is Hyboria. A decent line of Conan-centric armies would be great to have (again, that are not just proxied historics).

I imagine that a kickstarter project would go a long way here as well.

It would help if these sorts of projects could be promoted in other online forums as well (Such as TMP, which neither I, nor my ex-roommate, nor some of his friends, can post to - We all got kicked off because people on TMP thought we were all the same person because we lived in the same freaking dorm room)....

But anyone who would like to see such projects, find others to bug Tom, and Khurasan about such projects.

Matthew Bailey

• Steve Jackson and Marc Miller both raised over a quarter-million each for their projects: Steve Jackson's Deluxe OGRE/GEV, and Marc Miller's Traveller 5
MatthewB
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Giving a push to some popular miniature manufacturers

Post by MatthewB »

So... This has got "92 views"?

Are all of those views by Bots?

Or did some of you people just have a read, but feel that it wasn't worth commenting upon?
ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by ravenflight »

MatthewB wrote:So... This has got "92 views"?

Or did some of you people just have a read, but feel that it wasn't worth commenting upon?
There are a LOT of lurkers on this forum.
MatthewB
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by MatthewB »

ravenflight wrote:
MatthewB wrote:So... This has got "92 views"?

There are a LOT of lurkers on this forum.
I wish that some of those Lurkers would let me know what they think of my Easterling Chariot.

I wish that I could call it an "Easterling Chariot" so that I could get a kickstarter project started to fund making it.

Return to “Field of Glory : Swords & Sorcery : General Discussion”