Battle of Five armies FOG

This is a forum for discussing the use of the Field of Glory gaming system to play fantasy battles. This is not an official product! yet ;)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Slitherine Core

ElCanter
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Battle of Five armies FOG

Post by ElCanter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:21 am

Hi, I would ricreate the Battle of Five Armies, but I've few ideas to classificate battlegroups and how many use. Can you help me?

Rekila
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Battle of Five armies FOG

Post by Rekila » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:51 pm

We are also working on that! So I will post our lists soon. But I think that a classical approach is the best option: Heavy weapon dwarfs, bow elf and so on. In any case it has to be a big battle! If not five :( , it must have more than two armies /commanders. :wink:

davekhan
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by davekhan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi ElCanter
how I play my Orcs I class them as a warband army most of my orcs are unprotected undrilled impact foot swordsman in B.G of 8-12 .I do allow 20-30% of the army to be Protected undrilled superior impact swordsmen just to give them a helping hand .. oh I have 24 bases of spearOcrs and they are based as med foot spear ,this down grades them when they fight cav in the open which I think is right they don't like mounted troops to much esp. charging ones .. :)
I add a few mounted units whether trolls as (elephants or ) Ogres as scythed chariots ?

If I play with goblisn as well then I give them a Allied command and all there foot is Lt foot bow poor or mob light spear poor/av I don't like giving them too much poor stuff as they just don't hang around too much . I have the mob in 8 bases of mob and 4 bases of bow that way they are big units but can take a few death roll and still not break for a round or two.
as for wolfs and riders well I class them as light horse but I use the terrain penalties as lt foot so they don't get disrupted by terrain too much . then class them with there wpn e.g bow then I give them swordsmen (that's the wolf in melee turn ) .

I give the goblins 2-3 B.G of wolfs or wolf riders

I have just started on a Dwarf Allied command army so far I have 2 B.G of spear 6 bases armoured drilled and a B.G of drilled armoured , hvy wpns in 8 bases I think I will work on the lines of 3/2 ratio of Heavy weapons to spear ...I am not sure whether to have any mounted for them or not ! you can get them on rams and bears but not sure that would fit in with my army ?

hope this helps DK

ElCanter

Post by ElCanter » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Thnks, I'll wait your list. Well, in this moment I just begin little by little, I know it's (for me) an enormous project

I find a site ( the second image if you search "Battle of Five Armies" on google)

So I try to sketch out the number of armies

Dwarves of Dain: 500
2x4 HF Heavy weapon, Heavely armoured, Drilled, Superior 16 per base

Dwarves of Thorin: 13

Lakemen of Bard: 2000
1x4 MF
6x4 HF
2x6 LF

Forest Elves of the Elfking: 1500
6x4 MF

Eagles: ?

Beorn

Bolg's Guards: 500
2x4 HF

Goblins: 8000
15x8 MF and HF

Wolves and Wargs: 2000
2x6 CV
6x6 LH

EDIT: Thankyou Davekhan, I take note

samjohan

Post by samjohan » Thu May 28, 2015 10:25 am

Hi, I would ricreate the Battle of Five Armies, but I've few ideas to classificate battlegroups and how many use.

mbpopolano24
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by mbpopolano24 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi, The Battle of Five Armies is so cool

Return to “Field of Glory : Swords & Sorcery : General Discussion”