Landsknecht/German musketeers for v. late 16th C?

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Renaissance Wars.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

khurasan_miniatures
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Landsknecht/German musketeers for v. late 16th C?

Post by khurasan_miniatures »

I am making an extensive range of very late 16th C. Western/Central Europeans in 15mm, and the ranges are proceeding nicely. (It's basically from the Armada until the end of Tyrone's rebellion, so 1580s-1605 or so.) The Tyrone's rebellion Irish are alrady available, the English and the Spanish are almost done (hit a hitch with the artillery -- might actually release them without the artillery though), and now an extensive range of very late Landsknechts/Germans has been made. I say Landsknecht/German because this was the twilight of the landsknecht and the term was not being used as much for German soldiers any more.

I'm wondering if in this very late period the Germans have muskets in their forces. I know the Spanish and English do, but now I can't locate my army list book for this period and don't recall. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Three
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Landsknecht/German musketeers for v. late 16th C?

Post by Three »

No muskets for Germans prior to your 1605 cut off date. The only European muskets I could find were the detached Spanish ones as Light Foot in the Early Imperial Austrian (CoE) and Early Imperial Spanish lists (T&T).

Don't wait for the artillery :D
khurasan_miniatures

Re: Landsknecht/German musketeers for v. late 16th C?

Post by khurasan_miniatures »

Thank you very much.

Just curious, why don't the English have them?

Return to “Field of Glory : Renaissance Wars : General Discussion”