FoG:R Errata v1.10

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Renaissance Wars.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: FoG:R Errata v1.10

Post by nikgaukroger »

vexillia wrote:
nikgaukroger wrote:Richard and I did discuss the immediate removal option but decided against it. We are unlikely to revisit this.
Ahem! Except you also decided for immediate removal when artillery are shot at.
Fear not, that also had all the consideration it deserved.
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk
Sarmaticus
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Sarmaticus »

daveallen wrote:
Sarmaticus wrote:Loss of guns was a blow to prestige, to the purse and to future prospects of knocking down high medieval walls around prosperous towns.
Very important, strategically. And if you win the battle you'll own all the guns left on the field.

But in terms of the battle itself those guns are no use unless you can kill stuff with them. Once their crews are dead (or running away) you've lost that facility. Having some posh boy on a horse wave his sword over them shouldn't have the same effect on morale.

Dave
Because they're important strategically, your side is not supposed to be losing them: if you are, things aren't going your way; if you get them back, things are. They're trophies of war for the army, like standards and colours for troops or companies. Fetishising them keeps officers up to the mark in a time when they still had something of the caste of feudal nobles or mercenary captains.
De Saxe made the point that troops panic when things happen that aren't supposed to: if they're told to hold a linear entrenchment, they'll tend to panic along the whole line if even a small force gets over at any point - some Ottoman posh boy raising a flag from a turret at Constantinople, some Swedish toff leading his lads over the rampart at Narva. I'd say, reasons like that meant that, while not as potentially catatrophic as a fortified line being breached, losing guns gave the impression the day was going badly; getting them back that it was getting better again. After all, camps aren't immmediately useful (unless you're the Swedes bringing up ammunition to fire from the captured ditch battery at Luetzen).
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

vexillia wrote:
Nice to see:
P.67. INTERPENETRATIONS. Add additional bullet after the 4th:
“Any troops can pass through uncontrolled artillery perpendicularly from back to front or
front to back only"
Of course this still leaves the somewhat glaring inconsistency that artillery "vanishes" if shot at but if fought over it remains in place and can captured and re-captured as a result. ;-)
Does passing through uncontrolled artillery prevent a charge through them since it would be an interpenetration? If so, then a line of any enemy troops just beyond the artillery again turns them back into an impenetrable obstacle for mounted.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
madaxeman
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by madaxeman »

... especially where they have enemy mounted in contact with their rear edge, as then you cannot fight the mounted at all, as they do not "support" (and fight in place of) the gunnes as infantry would do.
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
donm2
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by donm2 »

batesmotel wrote:
vexillia wrote:
Nice to see:
P.67. INTERPENETRATIONS. Add additional bullet after the 4th:
“Any troops can pass through uncontrolled artillery perpendicularly from back to front or
front to back only"
Of course this still leaves the somewhat glaring inconsistency that artillery "vanishes" if shot at but if fought over it remains in place and can captured and re-captured as a result. ;-)
Does passing through uncontrolled artillery prevent a charge through them since it would be an interpenetration? If so, then a line of any enemy troops just beyond the artillery again turns them back into an impenetrable obstacle for mounted.

Chris
It depends whether you count uncontrolled artillery as friends, as you can only interpenetrate friendly battle groups.
Page 127 suggests it is friendly to both sides, 'Uncontrolled artillery does not count as enemy to either side'. So interpenetration is OK, but not in a charge.

Interpenetration is also prevented if there is not enough room beyond the artillery for the unit to fit, so yes it is still possible to stop movement.

Perhaps uncontrolled artillery should be replaced by markers, until such time as they are taken under control again.

Don
kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by kevinj »

Could somebody please send me a copy of these? I've lost mine and the link isn't working at present.
quackstheking
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by quackstheking »

Sent!

Don
D00pded00p
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by D00pded00p »

Just a quick question from a new player. If I download the current version of the errata (v1.10) does this cover all of the previous versions.

ie are the errata in v1.04 for example incorporated into the current version.

What I am trying to avoid is the possible necessity of having to download 10 versions and go through the book multiple times to make sure
I am up to date..

Thanks in advance

D00p
kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by kevinj »

Yes, each version includes all previous versions.
Amra
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Amra »

I can't seem to get this link to work . Can I find the errata any where else ?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Amra wrote:I can't seem to get this link to work . Can I find the errata any where else ?
Site seems to be down - I will enquire.
Delbruck
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Delbruck »

Is this the latest errata?
kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by kevinj »