Restrictions on Copying Field of Glory

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Renaissance Wars.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

jdm
Slitherine
Slitherine

Restrictions on Copying Field of Glory

Post by jdm »

This was originally posted to the FOG A forum but applies equally here. I hope it is helpful

In response to some traffic on forums and discussion groups I thought that it might be helpful to clear up any misunderstandings and make you aware of the following.

We would advise you not to copy any section of the rule book for distribution in any way. As apart from "fair dealing" Which has specific legal meaning no part of Field of Glory or the army list books may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, electrical, chemical, mechanical, optical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Slitherine

I am sure you understand why we must protect our intellectual property in this way and we thank you in advance for your co-operation and the interest that you have shown in the gaming system.

Best Regards
JDM
Antipater
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Charts?

Post by Antipater »

Would you grant permission for players to make a single copy of the movement and combat charts at the end of the book until an official QRF sheet is produced by the copyright owners? Alternately can tournament organizers make a copy for players which can be collected and used at the next event, again until an official QRF is produced? I know many players are doing this anyway to prevent wear and tear on their books since they are hard bound. Alternately, you may want to produce the books in the future with the sheets centrally bound but made to be removed and 3 hole punched. In any event, unless you want to start bringing suit against players who are making their own home made QRF sheets, I would highly encourage you to make an official QRF soon or just give players approval for what they are doing anyway.

Of course I agree 100% with copyright protection of the rules and images, as an organizer I want players to have purchased their rule book and army lists and not deny the publisher and rules writers of their just reward for their hard work.

Bob N

Return to “Field of Glory : Renaissance Wars : General Discussion”