Objectives???

PC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Near East.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

duncan
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Objectives???

Post by duncan »

Objectives?? I've been playing CoW this weekend and it's nice, but I don't know of any winning conditions (conquer X cities, destroy X faction,...)for a given scenario. I have read the manual but I've found nothing:

Thank you in advance
"The Art Of War: Fantasy" supporter!
anguille
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by anguille »

If i remember what Iain told me once, you have to conquer something like 60% of the map.
duncan

Post by duncan »

Oh, my god!!!!

Thank you, Anguille :)
"The Art Of War: Fantasy" supporter!
anguille

Post by anguille »

I've checked the old boards and Iain said something like 40% and you have to be much bigger than your next opponent.

Cheers.
dbt1949
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by dbt1949 »

I think I have about 4% so far.Is that close enough? Image
Ye Olde Farte
honvedseg
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Winning

Post by honvedseg »

I'd say that 4% of the map qualifies your empire as a minor footnote in history. The scale icon at the bottom of the menu panel allows you to see the current number of cities held by each faction, gives a total of kills and casualties, wins and losses, and also displays a "score" based on the number of cities held. I believe the score needs to be 1000 or higher to win, and the closest rival must have considerably less, although I don't know what that margin is, since I've generally reduced all of the major threats to insignificant status by that point. The last campaign I bothered playing out to the bitter end, the Elysian Fields on Hard, ended up with the second largest power having just over 200 points.
xenophon
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by xenophon »

:shock: To win any scenario you must score 1000 points. In the grand campaign this involves conquering about 126 cities. I have won as Lower Egypt, Thrace, and Mittani (three of the four corners of the map). I am currently playing again as Biblosia. In all cases I play in very hard level. I have not yet tried "impossible". It has taken 34 game years (Mittani) and almost 40 years (Thracians). Each game takes me two weeks or so. (Yes, I know Xenophon lived much later but the geography is the same.)
ikki

Re: Objectives???

Post by ikki »

It took Byblos to unify the known world about 40 years. After that it took 2 (easy) years of starvation & ~30 years to finally unlock the last city tech.
First with suicide squads of peasants, then wagons that did all the work. Now its cataphracts in shining armor that guards the cities. Knightly romance novels are read by the peasants? :p (they have time for that?)

By 2400BC every city in the world had a population of 100.000 and has a giant ziggurat.
Every city also has schools, medicine and a temple complex preaching monotheism.

Everyone in the world has as much food as they can possibly squeeze down, get to pay half a silver a month in taxes and work 14 hour work days.
And they are jubilant!

Oh and only cavalry is known as a military force. Real simple to just build a stable every where and ignore all other military. Savages fight on their two feet tho, and get run down real bad.
Vaults are filled with bricks, horses, wood, copper, tin, gold, gems, incence..
Even got enough food to handle 200 turns of starvation at max food.

Guess i beat history by some 4000 years :p
Shouldnt be more than another 500 years at most for the empire to industrialize and go into space. Thats still 2000 BC :D

Return to “Chariots of War”