1.2.1 Hotfix

PC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Near East.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

1.2.1 Hotfix

Post by JosephM »

Hello all,

If you are suffering crashing when capturing a city, then please download the attached file. Once you've downloaded this, please unzip the file to get the CoW.exe, then you need to copy this .exe into the game folder. You will receive a prompt asking if you want to overwrite the existing .exe, so please click yes. Then run the game and see if the issue persists.
Attachments
CoW 1.2.1.zip
(241.88 KiB) Downloaded 563 times
Edorf88
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: 1.2.1 Hotfix

Post by Edorf88 »

Hi.

I bought CoW from Matrix a long time ago. Any clue why this 1.2.1 Hotfix don't work with my game?
I have also tried running the game with the former 1.21 update (Vista Hot Fix), downloaded from the Matrix site, with the same result.

The thing is that the game, with the hotfix installed, crashes to desktop just before the main menu is about to display. I also get an error saying: "Install CRC Failure. Try reinstalling the game to fix this error" I have no problem getting the game up and running without the hotfix installed.

Running the game on win7 64-bit. Matrix Cow version states that I`m on v1.15

Is this hotfix only compatible with the Slitherine version?

Hoping for any helpful input on this problem. The forum over at Matrix is sparse on any information on this title compared to over here.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

This fix only works for the Slitherine version.
Which error message do you receive?
Edorf88

Post by Edorf88 »

VPaulus wrote:This fix only works for the Slitherine version.
I got this as the game crashed: "Install CRC Failure. Try reinstalling the game to fix this error"
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Edorf88 wrote:
I got this as the game crashed: "Install CRC Failure. Try reinstalling the game to fix this error"
Please contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk with your order reference number and report the issue.
Edorf88

Post by Edorf88 »

VPaulus wrote:
Edorf88 wrote:
Please contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk with your order reference number and report the issue.
I have sent a ticket to support. Thanks for your help:)
Vainq1
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Vainq1 »

So, I just bought the game from slitherine official store (with the same account i use in this forum):

Same bugs with 1.1.5 compare to 1.1.4! For instance game crashes when i tried to send diplomats to other country (Egypt).
When i install 1.2.1 - game crashes with the same error like with hardcopy: "Install CRC value - try reinstall the game to fix error"

I want my money back.

Such product or must be polished with no bugs if you ask such price or free.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Please contact support[at]slitherine.co.uk with your order reference number and report the issue, just in case it gets missed here in the forums, thanks and sorry for the issue
Vainq1

Post by Vainq1 »

No, it is you must contact support. And then - write me the result of your work. The only place i can write - is PayPall or Mastercard to report scum from this company.

Moreover:
Even if i try to download game from "Registered Downloads" menu: Chariots of War (Slitherine)
Then my key (from email) does not work!!!!! And i can not install game. WTF?!

As a result:
Matrix download bugged
Slitherine - no key
= service is not provided.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

sorry i can't contact support for you, the only person who has access to your account is you and them, i'm only a forum mod, so have no access to anything which you need, so please contact support with the information asked for and they will reply by email and help you.

if you have made more than one account here, you need to merge all the accounts together as per link http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 58&t=79395

if you are having account or game issues, you need to open a support ticket as per link http://www.slitherine.com/support/

they need some basic information to make sure the game and account is yours and then they will help you with the registered email address you first made the account with

How to Enter a Helpdesk Ticket

Some Tips on how to get a quick and response to your Help Desk Ticket.

Please fill out the subject with a few words on the problem you are having.

Pleas provide the name of the product you are having the issue about. This is very important to get you the best support right away.

Last but not least please give us as much detail about the problem you are having. The two things that we almost always need is your Order number and your Serial number.

good luck and again sorry for your issues
Vainq1

Post by Vainq1 »

hahhahaha
Error during account merge

Bingo!
1. Mastercard does not work, so only paypall
2. Forum support can do nothing with users problems
3. unified login system bugged
4. Serial Key bugged
5. Game Bugged

even
6. Forum moderartor does not belong to moderartor group. "most active user 2017" facepalm

Yeee, this is the most scum game industry company i ever seen in my life. Now only torrents with slitherine products.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

This is your first and only warning. Your abusive attitude will not be tolerated.

I am locking this thread. If you need further support please start a new thread with a new attitude or you will be banned.

Return to “Chariots of War”