How To Mod Chariots of War?

PC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Near East.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Nubian
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

How To Mod Chariots of War?

Post by Nubian »

Hello Everyone :D

I just got c.o.w. about a month ago and i think it was almost perfect besides a few historical mishaps. First off the ethnic groups in the civilizations are mixed up. So i was wondering if i could mod the game to start more than just 1 ethnic group in different places. And if so how would i do this. I really need help because i have never modded a game and i dont know anything about modding. If anyone out there knows how to mod the game i would appreciate it very much if you can explain in detail what to do. Thank you :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ham

Post by Ham »

What you want is to edit the text file at: C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Chariots of War\data\maps\Advanced Campaign\sides.txt
Well for the Grand Campaign it is that one (but I only play the Grand Campaign, so I only care about that one)... I think it's fairly simple, go look for yourself.
Nubian

Post by Nubian »

Hey Explain how i edit the text file (what is a text file) (where do i find it) HELP
Ham

Post by Ham »

In C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Chariots of War\data\maps\Advanced Campaign\ there is a file named sides.txt

Use just about any text editor (Microsoft Notepad will be fine) to change anything into what you want. It really is simple, you should not think it's confusing at all.
Nubian

Post by Nubian »

Can you explain just a bit more i would appreciate it ps i dont have notepad is there something else i could use
honvedseg
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by honvedseg »

Any word processing program that can save the results as an ASCII text file should work. Most of the more "advanced" word processing packages will add all sorts of other font and spacing codes to the output by default, and that won't work. On the other hand, most have the option to "Save As" a text only file (*.txt).
Debora68
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Debora68 »

This mod for Chariots of War adds several new gameplay features and takes the gameplay to an entirely new setting. This mod makes changes to the stats of units, adds entirely new units and nations, and updates the look of the game with new graphics and effects.
000-100 and 000-101 exam information 000-102
lancerunolfsson
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lancerunolfsson »

Debora68 wrote:This mod for Chariots of War adds several new gameplay features and takes the gameplay to an entirely new setting. This mod makes changes to the stats of units, adds entirely new units and nations, and updates the look of the game with new graphics and effects.
could you please put up a link for your Mod?
Darkstar

Post by Darkstar »

Is there a link to the modes for this game or is link no longer working ?

Return to “Chariots of War”