chariots - polish version patch compatibility

PC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Near East.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Oiciec
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

chariots - polish version patch compatibility

Post by Oiciec »

hi there

according to what i have learned recently You are the prowd owner of w40k rights and about to make a good use of it :)
good for you and good for us :)

but to the point: i ve made some research on my shelf and i ve found chariots of war copy but in polish. i bought it long time ago as a part of polish game bundle but its stated as 1.0.5 version of a game.
and as i ve found 1.1.14 map pack + patch i ve decided to update it

it looks horrible /laptop with native 1360 resolution.../ but was fully functional before patch - after i implemented it /tbh i cant check what kind of patch it was - both mirrors sugested by your download site seems to be not available atm/ loader asks for cd rom insertion even when cd is in drive...
i thought that mentioned in one post above .exe /1.2.1/ might solve a problem but it didnt /install crc error - it says/.

polish editor stated that they are not responsible for translating recent patches and such

any ideas what i can do to be able to play it with all "latest" changes?

when i bought it i havent internet connection but game was a step forward after legion /i ve change exp ratio, % of world to win scenario and few similiar things - good old days :)/ and as i m unemployed for a while i ve decided to bring back some of those memories...

of course i can remove all of it and install old version but if there is a slight chance to recive slightly improved product why not to try it out?

regards
People are entitled to be stupid. But some abuse the privilage...
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: chariots - polish version patch compatibility

Post by pipfromslitherine »

I'm not sure of what, if any, changes there were to the polish version. If the publisher dealt with any copy protection themselves, but did not create a patch version, then they will be incompatible with any downloaded updates.

If the original install is working for you then I would suggest sticking with that.

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Chariots of War”